KS230 connection to Alexa broken?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-07 20:20:47 - last edited 2022-12-08 17:35:34
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.

I installed a new, rev 2, KS230 three way dimmer kit in my dining room and it works great with the Kasa app itself.

When I first installed it I could control it via Alexa app (and voice) just fine but after a couple of weeks it now shows as "device is unresponsive" in the Alexa app. 

I have verified all the settings, I have disabled and re-enabled the skill so it rediscovers the devices but nothing seems to fix this.

Ideas?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:KS230 connection to Alexa broken?-Solution
2022-12-07 21:52:28 - last edited 2022-12-08 17:35:34

@BSuarez,

To be clear. have you unlinked your TP-Link account from Alexa? Usually the rediscovering of devices will force the device to be seen,

Something to check first: Are you able to control the light switch when you are not connected to your home network? If not, your device has been disconnected from the cloud and needs to be reconfigured using the small button on the device or resetting the switch.

I have seen other users report that changing the name on a device will cause the Alexa Integration to rediscover a device that disappeared.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:KS230 connection to Alexa broken?-Solution
2022-12-07 21:52:28 - last edited 2022-12-08 17:35:34

@BSuarez,

To be clear. have you unlinked your TP-Link account from Alexa? Usually the rediscovering of devices will force the device to be seen,

Something to check first: Are you able to control the light switch when you are not connected to your home network? If not, your device has been disconnected from the cloud and needs to be reconfigured using the small button on the device or resetting the switch.

I have seen other users report that changing the name on a device will cause the Alexa Integration to rediscover a device that disappeared.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:KS230 connection to Alexa broken?
2022-12-08 11:45:10

@Riley_S Good advice, thank you.

I removed the devices from the Kasa app, reset and reconfigured them and then now show up correctly in Alex.

Appreciate the guidance.

Bill

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 537

Replies: 2

Related Articles