Getting emails from TP-Link every 10 minutes about attempted unauthorized log in

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Getting emails from TP-Link every 10 minutes about attempted unauthorized log in

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-26 19:37:14

Hello, 

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or if tp-link has any comment about it. Every ten minutes since 2:30am I've been getting the following email:

"Hi, 

We noticed a login attempt form an old version of Kasa app on an unrecognized device. Since Two-Step Verification is enabled, you'll need to update your Kasa app to the latest version to long in with a verification code.

If it wasn't you logging in, someone may be trying to access your account. You can change your password to secure your account."

From what I can tell my account hasn't been breached and the email address appears legit: no-reply@email.tp-link.com. Since I changed my password I haven't received any additional emails. 

Cheers.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Getting emails from TP-Link every 10 minutes about attempted unauthorized log in
2023-01-03 10:56:33 - last edited 2023-01-03 10:57:41

Hello  @DiverRich 

Thank you for the reaching out to the community, sorry the late response. 

If you have received the 'We notice a new login' email,  it's a great step to change your account password immediately and enable 2FA in the app for your account. 

For any concerns with TP-Link or your account, it is encouraged to reach our  local support here, so they would be able to take a closer look at what happened to your account with the TP-Link ID you provided (or please report your feedback from APP Feedback entry).

Thank you and appreciated for your understanding!

Options