could not connect HS200 to wi-fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-27 23:22:36
Model: Kasa HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Re:HS200 Won't Connect

Ah Hah !! One has to change your iPhone from it's normal network. (i.e. whatever you usually connect to, and probably have your iPhone connected to as you are trying to get this switch to be recognized through the Kasa App.) Change your iPhone FROM that normally used network. ... to the network "TP-LINK_Smart Switch_xxxx" Then go back to the process of registering your switch in the Kasa app .. within that process the Kasa App will ask for your preferred network and it's password

THE GUY THAT POSTED THIS WAS SPOT ON! THANK YOU!!!!! I was ready to send this thing back until I found this on the forum. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:could not connect HS200 to wi-fi
2023-07-28 18:30:38

@sxyzorro,

That network is specifically available for setting up the device and is only available for 15 minutes after powering the device.

Normally, when you go to add a device to the Kasa App, your phone will automatically disconnect your phone from your Wi-Fi and connect to the setup network. In some cases, this handoff never happens, causing the setup to fail - in this case, you have to do the manual process of switching networks. This will be the case with any of our Kasa products, such as plugs, lights, and switches.

I am glad that you were able to get it connected. Let us know if you need any further help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 464

Replies: 1

Related Articles