Votes

30 or 45-degree angle mount bracket

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-07 17:09:48
Model: KD110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hoping to see if it is possible to develop or create a 30 or 45-degree angle bracket for hte Kasa Smart KD110 Doorbell. I recently purchased the product, yet while I ma pleased by it, the product does seem to lack a mounting bracket that provides more visibilty when mounting the product to a wall perpendicular to the door. As it is the current mounting bracket only provides some visibility to the front of hte house when mounted in this manner. A second mounting bracket with a larger angle would provide amore visibility, and reduce a large blindspot from the camera.

Options
4 Reply
Re:30 or 45-degree angle mount bracket
2023-09-08 18:34:44

@jperg2tami,

I believe that the KD110 does come with a 15-degree wedge. I believe that the purpose of the wedge is largely to capture walkways that approach a door from an angle, and filming of the house was not the main purpose.

So that I may pass your request along, what blindspot exists for you? How would an increased wedge angle help increase visibility/safety? Is there a specific thing that you are looking to extend your view to, such as your front door?

Options
2023-09-08 21:09:11

@Riley_S 

Consider my setup... my front door has two walls on either side of it perpendicular to the door itself. The doorbell is mounted on one of those walls.
Assuming a 120 degree viewing angle of the camera this is what we currently have (the two drawings on the left), and what I am suggesting (in the third image on the right).
f8150a5dab8f440f801f007f4c411192

As a result when the doorbell is mounted flat it points directly at the opposite wall with the front door to the side. The opposite side of the cameras view is a partial view of the porch. The 15 degree angle, while helpful only adjusts the view slightly continuing ot leave a blind spot of hte porcha area. A second 15 degree mount or even a seperate 30 degree mount (which could be used in combination with the 15 degree mount) would greatly imprve visibility in this sceanrio.

Providing 2 options both a 15 degree mount, and a 30 degree mount could allow the user to implement the camera in 3 different setups... 
1) using the 15 degree mount alone
2) using the 30 degree mount alone
or 3) using both the 15 degree in combination with the 30 degree mount, to create a 45 degree mount 

...all three scenarios could accomodate various installation scenarios, and better provide visibility to the user wanting to view more of their entry.

Options
2023-09-22 14:05:29
Any thoughts on my suggestion?
Options
2023-09-22 16:47:16

@jperg2tami,

Oh sorry, I think i got caught up in translating and forwarding the charts that I forgot to respond to the post. 😅

I think it is a really good idea personally, I know that the angle would work well in my home. The question is really moreso: will enough people use the higher angle to justify the price of it being included with each one. 

I do think that the KD110 has a higher viewing angle than what you indicated. I know for a fact that the diagonal FoV is 160, but I think that the horizontal FoV is slightly higher than what you have recorded it as. However, this still doesn't change the fact that in your setup that small blind spot still exists and is a concern that I would like to see if your teams can address.

I'm not sure if the KD110 has the setting, but many kasa cameras have an option for image distortion, which will reduce the FoV of the video stream but create a crisper image.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 619

Replies: 4

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.