Why is Smart Control not on all Kasa Smart Switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-06 21:47:13
Model: Kasa HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 2 ES20M Smart Motion Dimmers, an HS210 smart switch, and just purchased 3 HS220 single pole smart switches. The Smart Control feature on the motion dimmer switches is great and allows the lights to come on at a certain brightness level based on the time of day. It apparently was silly of me to expect the same feature to be available on Kasa's non-motion dimmer switches but the more I think about it the more that I think it should be available and the more I wonder whose idea it was to not include it. Just because the switch doesn't have motion doesn't mean that I want to be blasted with 4,000 lumens of light at 2AM when I go to get a drink of water (I know it's a 1st world problem). I'll probably end up putting this in the feature request section but seriously, is there a way to control the brightness level of these switches based on the time of day, like there already is for the motion dimmers?

Options