Can't connect switch model ks200m to wi-fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-01 00:23:36
Model: Kasa KS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6

I recently bought 4 ks200m switches.  today I tried to install the first one, but it never connected to my wi-fi.  I have my router set in a mode that will let it connect but that is not happening.  I have one other kasa switch that was no problem to connect to wi-fi, and configure hs200 i think.

I have reset left and right buttons numerous times and rebooted the router.  Nothing seems to make a difference.  May try another switch to see if maybe this one is faulty.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't connect switch model ks200m to wi-fi
2024-03-05 01:39:45

Hey @1tireddog,

When you are going through the setup, are you able to see the setup wi-fi network broadcast by the device from your phone settings? If not, make sure that you are performing a factory reset. Even if the Kasa app cannot automatically see the setup network, you can manually connect to continue the process.

Otherwise, how far in the setup process do you get? Does the device get to the point where it is trying to connect to your Wi-Fi? Lastly, what router are you using?

Options