KS230 V2 Dimmer 3-way Green and amber flashing

2024-05-06 04:31:10
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Changing alot of switches in the new house before my internet/wifi is up.  

I just installed a KS230 V2 smart dimmer and I can't get past the flashing green and orange.  Will the switch not work without wifi, ie can't i just use the physical controls (currently this answer seems to be no)?  I think flashing green and amber indicates that the wiring is okay but it is in setup mode.  I would like to skip the setup mode for now and just use it as a physical switch.

Also, is there a way of getting this on to homekit?  i couldn't find any 3-way dimmers that can use homekit.  Alternatively, could this switch be upgraded to matter later via firmware?

Thanks

--Kris

Options
1 Reply
Re:KS230 V2 Dimmer 3-way Green and amber flashing
2024-05-06 16:22:43

Hey @Droogie,

You will need to add the device to the apps for a few reasons, whether it be updates, calibration, or automation. The blinking amber and green does indicate that the device is ready for setup and is broadcasting its temporary Wi-Fi.

Since the device is not a homekit device, there is no direct way of adding the device to homekit and you would need to look at other options such aas third party services such as HomeBridge, however your mileage will vary.

As for Matter, it is highly unlikely that existing devices will be supported to support the protocol due to the requirements and changes required to support the protocol - realistically, the devices must be built with the protocol in mind. We recently had a feedback survey about Matter devices, and one question is about the potential of a 3-way Matter Switch or Dimmer. While the survey is over, the feedback was given to our product teams, and we should be able to provide an update soon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 217

Replies: 1

Related Articles