Viewing videos on SD Card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-22 18:23:43
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

A couple of questions:

When I take the SD card out of the Tapo C200, there are some videos with names like: 20220117_205751_tp00001.mp4 - these will play in VLC player.  But there are more that 1)have names like xxxxxxxx_000000_tp00016 and none of these play.  Why is that?

2)Also, oddly all the files have modification dates of 15 Jan 2022, even though the videos are from the 19th, 20th, and 21st.  I have formatted the SD Card in the camera using the app on the 18th, so it makes no sense why the date with be the 15th.  Why are the dates off?

3)Is there a way I can get the camera to only record video when it sees motion?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Viewing videos on SD Card
2022-01-29 07:28:16

Hello@tsherr 

1) Here is an FAQ that explains the recordings  in the SD card file name

How can I view the video recordings of camera from the SD card on a computer?

3) Tapo APP-Recording schedule, you could select Motion Detection Recording / Continuous recording there

How to use motion detection function of my Tapo camera in Tapo app

For question2) it seems the date is not updated,   can I have a photo of that, do you mean the video named Jan15th but actually that's video of Jan18th? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 555

Replies: 1

Related Articles