Stop KL130 turning on after power cut

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-15 17:36:55 - last edited 2022-12-07 12:41:00
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

If we get a powercut in the night, the KL130 turns on once power is restored.

Is it possible for it to remember the last status?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Stop KL130 turning on after power cut
2022-02-17 15:03:40

Hi @kingmustard 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

On the kasa app, you can go to device settings>>DEFAULT STATES>>on from power source>>set for the bulb states when bulb is turned on from the power source. 

If you don't want bulb to be turned on after power is stored, then you can set 1% brightness as one preset, then select this preset in "on from the power source" page. 

Options
2022-02-18 20:32:50

@kingmustard 

I have the same problem with kl125 bulbs.

it is awkward to have to tweak the intensity level of the bulb to tell it not to power on after power is restored.

i have several hs103 smart switches and each one returns to the state it was before the power outtage. If the switch was ON then it returns ON, if it was OFF it returns OFF when the power returns.

why the smart light bubls dont behave the same way?

threr should be a setting for this in the app.

Options
2022-03-31 16:45:19 - last edited 2022-03-31 16:45:39

Hello  @Goldbug 

Thank you for the feeback, I aso checked this point with our seniors got some explaination from them:

When smartbulb gets power, it needs to be 'ON' status, if set rules to be OFF, we will get trouble power on smart bulbs.  

While smart plug is different as plug has a relay, when power goes into the plug,  plug is power on, but the relay could keep the plug ON/ OFF. 

I'd recommend also leave comments or idea for this on Kasa Feature Request Board here, that helps us to organize your feedback or share them with our team for consideration. 

Thank you. 

Options
2022-08-03 07:40:59

I can't offer much in the way of a solution but I too have the problem with the TP-Link bulbs. Capturing the current/last state of the bulb seems easy enough but identifying that there was a power outage that changed the state from off to on seems problematic. It would appear as any other power cycle.

Options
2022-10-26 15:23:54

@kingmustard 

The same problem is with TAPO products :(.

Options
2022-12-05 03:55:22

@Solla-topee I understand what you are saying about the lamps needing to power "on" when power is restored, but I think this could be handled by powering on for ~10 to 20 seconds or whatever time it takes for your servers to recognize it then power off. While the light temporarily coming on after a power outage may me annoying, it would be less annoying if it when back to the "off" state once it's be recognized. Just a thought. 

Options
2022-12-06 19:49:04

@Diveboss164 

Hi, other way, the lamps needing to power off when power is restored > last power state instead of last power state on (which is only available) 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1685

Replies: 7