Updated on 7 May 2022:
Thank you all for your valuable feedback on the Controller v5.2.4 beta.
Official release for Omada Software Controller v5.3.1 is now available.
For more details, please refer to this post.
Thank you for your attention!
Now we have the Beta firmware of Omada Software Controller v5.2.4 (Windows & Linux OS) for trial!
The Purpose Of The Beta Firmware
We hope to offer you with a chance to experience the new features added in the Controller v5.2 in advance, and also give us TP-Link the opportunity to fully test the firmware in your real network environment and scenarios before the official release.
- New Features & Enhancements
Added button to disable cloud-connection behavior of Omada Devices. It requires upgrading the Omada devices to the adapted firmware.
Upgraded spring-boot version to 2.6.6 and spring-framework version to 5.3.18 to avoid the potential Spring vulnerability (CVE-2022-22965). Mentioned Here.
Omada Controller won't delete the device's private configuration when the device is in the "Managed by Others" status.
Added "Duration Type" options for vouchers, with "Voucher Duration" and "Client Duration" optional.
Optimized the upgrading orders for Upgrade Schedule and Rolling Upgrade.
Adapted new features of Omada APP 4.2:
- SSID Override
- DHCP Reservation
- WiFi Control
- TP-Link Email service for Invitation and Password Reset
- Configure Device Account when creating a new site
- Display SN codes of devices managed by Omada Cloud-Based Controller
Updated the database encryption to enhance security.
Added support for Facebook Wi-Fi 2.0 for wired networks, which requires upgrading the Omada Gateway to the adapted firmware.
Updated some help information.
Optimized FTP configuration saving process.
Network Report performance optimization in large network scale.
Support to detect software updates at customized schedule time.
- Bug Fixed
Fixed the bug that clients connected to non-EAP wireless networks were not listed.
Fixed the bug that the controller cannot be accessed via HTTPS using Chrome on MAC.
Fixed the bug that Insight -> Past Connections does not show association failure records.
Fixed the bug that the Controller may execute the deleted reboot schedule in certain cases.
Fixed the bug that the Omada Router may be disconnected after upgrading the Controller version to 5.0.30.
Fixed the bug that the portal customized page may be lost after upgrading Controller version from v4 to v5.
1) Omada SDN Controller can only manage certain devices running the supported firmware. Please confirm that your device is compatible with the SDN Controller.
2) If you are planning to upgrade to this version from an old Controller (V3.2.14 or below), please read the Omada Controller Upgrade Guide before upgrading.
3) Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will be unable to downgrade to version 3.2.14 or below.
4) This version of the controller is fully applied to the Omada APP of version 4.2.X or above.
Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before upgrading the Beta firmware below!
1. Cloud Access is unavailable for the Beta Controller.
2. We strongly suggest you save the backup file before upgrading.
3. To revert to the previous Controller version from this Beta firmware, you must completely uninstall it.
Any further feedback on the new firmware, please feel free to comment below.
When reporting an issue, especially it's about firmware upgrade, it's suggested to include the following info:
-- Omada Controller version (previous and current)
-- Device Model(s) and Hardware
-- Device Firmware (previous and current)
Note: if you decide to downgrade the firmware before sending feedback to us, we recommend you save a copy of the current Log file* and Backup Config file** before you do that, which might be helpful to address the issue you suffered from the new firmware.
* The Log file of Controller can be exported under Settings -> Services -> Export Data -> Running Log.
** The Backup Config file of Controller can be exported under Settings -> Maintenance via local access.
Thank you in advance for your great cooperation and support!
We look forward to hearing from your real and valued feedback here!