Tapo Care - Misconceived Cloud Limiting Hardware Functionality

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-30 00:46:59 - last edited 2022-04-30 12:07:36

We were going to purchase 10 of the Tapo 320WS and 2 of the Tapo C210 cameras but we were disappointed to find that TP-Link has forcibly imposed limitations, on what could be great cameras. To force people to use your cloud solution for any feature that CCTV cameras have normally built-in as standard is nonsensical. I can understand that there is a need for specific cloud solutions for such things as off-site storage. However, its laughable to expect customers to invest in CCTV camera’s when you are virtually extorting additional cash by holding back on the features the cameras have built in. Such features as Privacy Masking, AI/Person Detection & Motion Tracking are built into cameras hardware and do not require any cloud services. You are trying to mislead customers into to thinking these features require any cloud technology just so you can extract extra dollars! Sham on you TP-Link.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo Care - Misconceived Cloud Limiting Hardware Functionality
2022-04-30 12:05:44

@Tomasin 

Thank you for the feedback. 

Tapo camera supports SD card recording and RTSP streaming as well other basic features (app notification, Live View,  Talk/ Video, Motion Detection etc.) . With proper setup on the camera, you could view SD recordings locally or remotely, or you could stream the camera via RTSP without the subscription.

Tapo Care provides cloud storage as well offering additional features like AI Detection/Rich notification/Motion tracking/ Privacy Zone etc. for those who want them and improve user experience. 

For any improvement suggestion, feel free to leave your idea  on Tapo Feature Request Board so user has the same request could leave comments there, that will help with the request/ feature evaluation. Thank you.

Options
Re:Tapo Care - Misconceived Cloud Limiting Hardware Functionality
2022-05-04 21:24:08

@Solla-topee I think you missed the point. This is about forcibly limiting functionality on the cameras hardware. eg so how can I use the cameras built-in privacy masking so I dont intrude on neighbours without being forced to use your cloud!  

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 382

Replies: 2

Related Articles