Omada Software Controller_V5.4.6_Windows (Released on July 12, 2022)
Omada Software Controller_v5.4.6_Linux will be released shortly, please wait patiently.
Updated on 29 July, 2022: Omada Software Controller_v5.4.6_Linux has been released!
Sorry that the OC200/OC300 Controller v5.3 is delayed because some major issues are found before the release, and it's kind of tricky, the R&D team is trying the best to optimize the performance.
Please don't worry about the release of OC200/OC300 Controller v5.4 too much, as it is in the final stages of testing now, which would be released around two or three weeks after OC200/OC300 Controller v5.3 has been released.
Updated on 5 August, 2022:
Omada Hardware Controller V5.4.7 Has Been Released! Check out this post for details.
If everything goes well, the OC200/OC300 Controller v5.3 will be released in 3 weeks as expected, and OC200/OC300 Controller v5.4 will be released in 5-6 weeks.
Updated on 25 July, 2022: OC200/OC300 Controller v5.3 has just been released!
Welcome to subscribe to the live updated topic 245226 for a notification of the latest release of Omada Controller.
This Article Applies to:
- Supported OS: Windows (64 bits recommended)
- New Feature/Enhancement
1. Added support for 802.11r, which you can enable through Advanced Settings in the Wireless Network Settings. Please note that 802.11r requires EAPs to be upgraded to subsequent releases of adapted firmware, and is not compatible with WPA3 encryption.
2. Increased the maximum number of PPSKs in each PPSK profile from 50 to 128.
3. Added support for AI WLAN Optimization, which helps to conclude the optimum operation channels for EAPs.
4. Added support for Smart Antenna, which is supported by some of the upcoming new models, like EAP650-Outdoor.
5. Added support for L3 Accessibility for EAPs. You can enable this feature via Devices > Config > Manage Devices, then you can access the EAP's standalone interface via L3, log into the Device Account, and choose to reset it. Note that this requires EAPs to be upgraded to subsequent releases of adapted firmware.
6. Added MAC-Based Authentication for wireless networks that use WPA Personal encryption. Note that this requires EAPs to be upgraded to subsequent releases of adapted firmware. With the current firmware, clients will be able to connect to the wireless network if the RADIUS server is offline.
7. Added adaption to EAP245 V4, which supports up to 7 SSIDs in the 5GHz band.
8. Added full adaption to ER8411 including support for SSL VPN, and display of hardware information, such as power supply, fan, and temperature.
9. Added support for SHA2 for IPsec VPN.
10. Added WAN IN type for Gateway ACL.
11. Added the "disabled" option when configuring the Rate Limit for clients in bulk.
12. Added "Block TCP Scan with RST" option for packet anomaly defense. The option is unchecked by default, and Omada Gateway will discard the TCP requests from outside, if you check it, Omada Gateway will reply with TCP RST.
13. Optimized WAN configuration and added the Description tag.
14. Added support to export network reports in CSV format.
15. Optimized the configuration guidance for Load Balancing and Link Backup when USB LTE is enabled.
16. Added support to copy WAN settings from the old model to the new one when you change the gateway model.
17. Optimized the performance of large-scale network management (up to 10,000 devices). For system requirements and performance optimization suggestions, please refer to FAQ3414.
18. Added support to display log numbers and upper limits, and support to delete logs based on the log type. Mentioned Here.
19. Added support to cancel Backup.
20. Added more configurations to History Data Retention.
21. Optimized the sorting of tags in the search box, and added support to delete tags.
22. Added support to change HTTP port for Controller management.
23. Optimized some charts.
- Bug Fixed
Thank you all @shberge, @Napsterbater, @TLnet, @vgaga84, @clangren, @Dannyz., @JoePalmer, @supermarkert, @mbentley, @Antoni777 for taking the time to report the following issue to this Community, hope you will continue to find value from joining in our TP-Link Community! Cheers!
1. WPA3 encryption has been changed to unselectable when you select PPSK. Reported Here and Here.
2. Fixed the bug that incorrect HTTPS certificates could be imported into OC200. Reported Here.
3. Fixed the bug that when you bulk configure EAP, if you modify one of the QoS options, the others will be disabled. Reported Here.
4. Fixed the bug that DHCP Reservation cannot be applied for non-LAN clients. Reported Here.
5. Fixed the bug that File server cannot be added by the domain name. Reported Here.
6. Fixed the bug that Controller 5.3.1 is not compatible with OpenJDK-17. Reported Here.
7. Fixed the improper language tense in the association errors log. Reported Here.
1) This version of the controller is applied to the Omada APP of version 4.3.X or above.
2) Omada SDN Controller can only manage certain devices running the supported firmware. Please confirm that your device is compatible with the SDN Controller.
3) If you are using an old Controller and plan to upgrade to this version, please follow the Omada Controller Upgrade Guide in the installation package before
4) Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will be NOT able to downgrade to version 3.2.14 or below.
To get the latest firmware release for Omada Controller, welcome to subscribe to topic 245226.
Any further feedback on the new firmware, please feel free to start a new thread from HERE.
When reporting an issue, especially it's about firmware upgrade, it's suggested to include the following info:
-- Omada Controller version (previous and current)
-- Device Model(s) and Hardware
-- Device Firmware (previous and current)
Note: if you decide to downgrade the firmware before contacting the TP-Link support team, we suggest you save a copy of the current Log file* and Backup Config file** before you do that, which might be helpful to address the issue you suffered from the new firmware.
* The Log file of Controller can be exported under Settings -> Services -> Export Data -> Running Log.
** The Backup Config file of Controller can be exported under Settings -> Maintenance via local access.
Thank you in advance for your great cooperation and support!