Archer A7 Range is steadily decreasing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-10 17:57:26
Tags: #Decreasing Range
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I had bought a Archer A7 February of 2022 and for the most part I have been happy with it. But over the past several months I've began to notice that the range has been slowly dropping. My workspace is 30-40 ft away and initially I was getting average of 70-100 mb/s on 2.4G and 200 on my 5G. But over the last several months the range has been dropping and now I less than 15 mb/s on 2.4G and barely able to connect to the 5G network. I've tried rebooting, putting it on a reboot schedule, factory resetting it, and updating the firmware and nothing has worked. It still works great less than 20 ft from the router, but any more than that it drops out drastically. Overall I haven't had an issue with the router except for the range. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 Range is steadily decreasing
2022-11-17 09:31:58

@EDCRoam 

Have you tried to modify the 2.4G and 5G wireless settings, such as channel, and channel width? Such an issue could be caused by high interference with your neighbors, you can install a Wi-Fi analyzer software to monitor the wireless signals, then choose a channel that is less crowded with others, then monitor again.

Are there any other changes in your network? For example, changing the router location? Adding new devices to the network? Or new equipment? Some electric appliances could also cause interference with the wireless network.

If nothing changes, you can try to contact live support to be advised further.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 112

Replies: 1

Tags

Decreasing Range
Related Articles