ER605 Port forward wont work on 2nd WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-13 05:14:02
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 20220106 Rel.56391

This issue has had me up a wall for the last week and I am about to abandon this router.

I have two static ip addresses, I host a website and an libretime server from two boxes

I have IP passthrough set up on my modem, with my dynamic ip powering my home network, and the last two ports as the ip passthrough going to the ER. 

I have i have 1 IP assigned to WAN and the other to WAN1/LAN.

WAN then has a port forward rule to forward 443 to the local machine.

WAN1/LAN also has a port forward rule to forward 443 to the other machine.

I can reach WAN1's website fine, but WAN1/LAN will not port forward for the life of me. The internet will work as far as outgoing but no matter what port i try and forward, it will not work externally.

when I tun a traceroute from a laptop connected to the local network, to the ip address of WAN1/LAN it just hits the router, then to the box. i can access it locally but externally at all.

It will only start working if i unplug WAN.

Any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605 Port forward wont work on 2nd WAN
2023-04-14 08:15:16

@RecordWorkz 

Suggest you upgrade the firmware to the latest, I remember they fix a BUG related the port forwarding.

ER605(UN)_V2_2.1.2 Build 20230210

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:ER605 Port forward wont work on 2nd WAN
2023-04-14 12:41:06

@RecordWorkz 

Make sure you do NOT have Link Backup enabled if you are using multiple WAN ports simultaneously.  It sounds like your router has decided that WAN is active and WAN1 is not (and that's why unplugging WAN fixes things as it then fails over to WAN1).

Do you also have your servers running in their own subnets (LANs)?  You want your outbound traffic to take the same path the inbound does, and so the gateway used is important.

As a test, you could also try configuring your static IP's as 1:1 NATs for your servers.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options