Poor quality live view image

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-12 20:37:22
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

Hello, i have a problem.

Low quality live view image when the cam is connected via ONVIF to the NAS or more than one person is viewing the stream from the Tapo app.

the only way to have a quality image is to disconnect the cam from the NAS or other smartphones.

I use the cam connection to the NAS for redundancy and this way it's not good if quality is low.

Here's an example, in this case a stream from the Tapo app, and another from the NAS.

Tapo:

NAS:

You may notice that the image from the Tapo app is grainy and there is a huge difference from the NAS

If I close the stream to the NAS, the Tapo app displays at maximum quality, if in the meantime I put the stream back to the NAS then that's where the worst quality will be.
It seems that the cam somehow only allows one high quality stream at a time.
Please, if this is a desired behavior, can you put in a next update the possibility to set at least up to 2 or 3 high quality streams at the same time?

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Poor quality live view image
2023-08-14 09:04:23

@Bravo88 

Hi,
The Tapo Cameras support 2 mainstreams(high-quality streams) and 2 substreams(low-quality streams) at the same time. However, if you have subscribed to the Tapo Care service, it will occupy a mainstream, so only one device can stream the camera with high-quality images in this situation.

About your feature request, thank you very much for your feedback here, and I'll log it and forward it to the related team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-14 09:12:26 - last edited 2023-08-14 09:12:46

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the reply.

I have a possible bug report.

The audio of SD recordings lags slightly behind the video, this does not happen in live view.

Options
2023-08-14 11:21:07

@Bravo88 

Hi,
Please try to remove the SD card from the camera and connect it to your computer via an SD card adapter, and then watch the video recordings on your computer, does the audio of the video recordings lag slightly behind the video?

What's the version of the Tapo app?

If the video recordings have the same issue when playing on your computer, can you share the video recordings with us for further analysis? You can send me a link to download the video via private message.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 299

Replies: 3

Related Articles