Some queries regarding VIGI

2023-12-19 15:47:33 - last edited 2023-12-20 05:05:04
Model: VIGI C340   VIGI C440   VIGI C540V  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm from Bangladesh and recently TP-Link Bangladesh "silently" launched some VIGI Full-Color cameras where I'm interested in "VIGI C340", "VIGI C440" and "VIGI C540V" cameras.

I've been doing some research about the VIGI cameras and NVRs in the internet for months and unfortunately very less in-depth reviews are available. (More are unboxing stuffs)

I'm doing a mega project for 2 residential buildings + 1 shop and connect all of them with one NVR. (Need to use around "12 VIGI cameras" and around 4 other cameras (2 Tapo, 1 EZVIZ and 1 IMOU). Also 3-4 more cameras might be added later. 

Here are some of my concerns and questions:

Q1. I have 2 "Tapo C200" but the audio quality is so much noisy and distorted (broken voices and electrical sound) while comparing with my 'EZVIZ C6N (2 MP)' which captures very clear voice in same place and scenario. This is one of my main concern for VIGI cameras as I still don't have any experience with them. As of VIGI team they'll know well as they should have tested in real-life scenario. Kindly let me know too. 

Q2. Will VIGI app get similar makeover and improvements like the new TAPO App 3.0? (Also suggestion for both TAPO and VIGI app that beside sliding events or checking "Detected Events" they both should have an option to manually select time like IMOU and EZVIZ app does in the playback option)

Q3. Since I'll have 12 VIGI cameras and later 3-4 VIGI camera might be added max, 16 channel NVR (NVR1016H) was OK. But since I've 4 extra ONVIF / RTSP cameras and no 20 channel NVR is there so 32 channel NVR option (NVR4032H) is the last what VIGI is offering which is also an expensive device. Is there any opportunity that VIGI NVRs get updated for extra 4-6 more channels just for streaming/viewing ONVIF / RTSP cameras?

Q4. What does the "H" mean in NVR1016H or NVR4032H?

Q5. What does V1 and V2 means for VIGI C340, VIGI 440? As far as I know, Bangladesh distributor has brought V1 units. If I get V1 (version 1) what I'm going to miss out? or is there major any hardware fault fixed in V2? Also any chance V1 getting discontinued soon and no more updates? 

Q6. Any chance Face Capture feature available for these camera in future?

Q7. These cameras has DWDR while same pricing others are offering 120 dB WDR, any major difference in long run?

Main reason for choosing VIGI instead of Hikvision and Dahua was two-way audio and the switching option between IR and Warm-light in one package, which wasn't offered broadly in Bangladesh by those brands. Camera quality more or less similar. Also TP-Link is very much trusted and #1 networking brand in Bangladesh. 

I'm willing to do it a bestbuy and not a bad investment at all. Hope my questions and concerns are well responded by representatives. Thanks. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Some queries regarding VIGI
2023-12-20 05:02:47
Options
2023-12-20 08:15:11

Hi @1MSFT 

So first, most of the questions you asked here, probably should be in an email format suitable for the support team.

And you should do some research before asking these questions.

A1: I am not sure how I should respond to this. Have you ruled out the possibility of your environment or hardware issues with Tapo? At the lab, I don't think I ever faced a problem with the mic.

A2: Don't compare. No. Two different product lines focus on different user groups and target scenarios. Some of the features will never come on the business product line

A3: Not very sure about what you want.

1MSFT wrote

Is there any opportunity that VIGI NVRs get updated for extra 4-6 more channels just for streaming/viewing ONVIF / RTSP cameras?

If ONVIF is supported, it can work and stream like the VIGI cams. In the lab, we have Tapo connected via ONVIF and the monitor shows the live feed.

A4: H265.

A5: Refer to the specs and check if there is a difference. It is a generic update of the hardware version. It might be the hardware different from the last version. Parts are different. But the function basically remains the same. We don't change too many specs and if changes are many, we'd release a new model. (Router and EAP might be a different story.) I have explained this more than 5 times on the forum. Not in this category but in others. Think you might find related posts about the hardware version.

The hardware would only limit the newly added features. If the V1 hardware is too outdated, it will not support new features added later on. So new firmware may not be developed to adapt because of hardware limits. Currently, if you look at the VIGI cams, there are some differences in features but not that large.

But if you want to be future-proof and you expect something more(if there is any in the future) than just monitoring and watching the live feed, consider newer versions.

We cannot control the production and discontinue decisions. And if you cannot buy the newer versions, they might be either not shipped to your country because it is just released. Or it is not available in your country(rare case) and you should refer to your local website.

A6: No. Never heard about it inside the team. A camera is usually a CMOS device with a BASIC CPU to enable some local computing to identify objects. Facial recognition would take a lot more computing. Which will of course increase the price (cause you need a better CPU and maybe sync with the cloud server for computing). I believe it would not be the same price as it is now if we had.

A7: I think this one is answered on the Google. It is a generic question.

My suggestion to you, if you have many requirements, you should take a look at the specs and see if the specs meet your expectations. Then read the manual and datasheet to learn about it. Then buy one camera and NVR to test it out in the field. Then consider getting more units.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-20 13:20:39 - last edited 2023-12-20 13:37:06

Hi @Clive_A, Thanks for the informations! 😀

Noticed that TP-Link Bangladesh website don't have anything on the Surveillance section. https://www.tp-link.com/bd/business-networking/vigi-network-camera/ Probably they still don't have them ready yet. 

Also was confused as I saw some TP-Link regional websites were claiming VIGI C440 as IP66 water resistant before when I started to do research about the brand, but they probably corrected now. (Saw a community post regarding this) I hope web / data entry team should be more serious as many people might just look at the specs and buy them without reading datasheet.

Clive_A wrote

A1: I am not sure how I should respond to this. Have you ruled out the possibility of your environment or hardware issues with Tapo? At the lab, I don't think I ever faced a problem with the mic.

Both the cameras are HW version 3.0 and latest firmware (1.3.11) as well. I've seen similar complains online and even in this community regarding this same mic-audio issue. Nearby human voice sound is garbled and mostly cut-off. Also in high-volume there is a continuous crackling sound (something very similar to this Fireplace Burning with Crackling Fire Sounds) and non is heard clearly. I hope VIGI cameras don't have such issue.

I forgot to mention that both Tapo C200 camera has some kind of flicker issue on-screen (Less understandable while watching from Android phone but clearly visible flicker on Android TVs (via ONVIF)

Clive_A wrote

1MSFT wrote

Is there any opportunity that VIGI NVRs get updated for extra 4-6 more channels just for streaming/viewing ONVIF / RTSP cameras?

If ONVIF is supported, it can work and stream like the VIGI cams. In the lab, we have Tapo connected via ONVIF and the monitor shows the live feed.

I mean if I purchase 16 channel NVR and all of them are filled up with 16 VIGI cameras, normally I shouldn't be able to add any more IP Cameras. That means I can't connect any extra Portable IP Cameras like Tapo, Ezviz etc. too as the NVR has reached it channel limit.

So if there is/will be any way to increase extra slots just to live feed from those and not record.

Clive_A wrote

But if you want to be future-proof and you expect something more(if there is any in the future) than just monitoring and watching the live feed, consider newer versions.

We cannot control the production and discontinue decisions. And if you cannot buy the newer versions, they might be either not shipped to your country because it is just released. Or it is not available in your country(rare case) and you should refer to your local website. 

I have contacted with the TP-Link Bangladesh officials, they told me it'll take more time for them to bring newer models (almost 2024 Q2-Q3) as I was demanding them "VIGI C345, C350, C445" models.

Options
2023-12-21 01:46:19

Hi @1MSFT 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1MSFT wrote

Hi @Clive_A, Thanks for the informations! 😀

Noticed that TP-Link Bangladesh website don't have anything on the Surveillance section. https://www.tp-link.com/bd/business-networking/vigi-network-camera/ Probably they still don't have them ready yet. 

Also was confused as I saw some TP-Link regional websites were claiming VIGI C440 as IP66 water resistant before when I started to do research about the brand, but they probably corrected now. (Saw a community post regarding this) I hope web / data entry team should be more serious as many people might just look at the specs and buy them without reading datasheet.

I know. Web for different regions is maintained by local companies. I hope so.

1MSFT wrote

Clive_A wrote

1MSFT wrote

I mean if I purchase 16 channel NVR and all of them are filled up with 16 VIGI cameras, normally I shouldn't be able to add any more IP Cameras. That means I can't connect any extra Portable IP Cameras like Tapo, Ezviz etc. too as the NVR has reached it channel limit.

So if there is/will be any way to increase extra slots just to live feed from those and not record.

No. Live view = capacity.

1MSFT wrote

Clive_A wrote

I have contacted with the TP-Link Bangladesh officials, they told me it'll take more time for them to bring newer models (almost 2024 Q2-Q3) as I was demanding them "VIGI C345, C350, C445" models.

Anything about the stock and marketing is not under my control. So, it is correct to consult with your local support.

But it seems to be the case that the VIGI product is not available in your region.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options