Votes

Reduce redundant notifications: coalesce events or have timer before renotification

Votes

Reduce redundant notifications: coalesce events or have timer before renotification

2024-01-16 16:04:14
Tags: #Motion Detection #usability
Model: Tapo C120  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Request: implement some way to reduce the number of redundant notifications from the Tapo camera.

Background: My Tapo C120 sends way too many redundant notifications. I want to have person, pet, and motion detection enabled so I don't miss anything. But if a person and a  dog walk in front of the camera at the same time, getting 3 notifications at once is too much.

A simple implementation would be a setting not to renotify within a selectable period of time (30 seconds, 1 minute, ...).  Some other cameras and motion detectors do this.  On some it is unfortunately not a settings.  On others, the setting is referred to as "cool down" or "renotify time".

It would also be nice to have a sense of priority -- If I've gotten a notification about a person being detected, I don't also need a motion notification, it is lower priority than knowing that a person has been detected.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Reduce redundant notifications: coalesce events or have timer before renotification
2024-01-17 12:09:05

@rct0 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
RE:Reduce redundant notifications: coalesce events or have timer before renotification
2024-05-01 00:53:51
yes, please, a notification frequency would be nice. Like 1 notification at max every N minutes window per camera would be nice
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 284

Replies: 2

Voters 3

Tags