Tapo C520ws constantly scans in the rain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-10 20:27:35 - last edited 2024-02-29 09:32:31
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there, 

I've just installed 3 tapo c520ws cameras and just at the moment when it rains at night I get constant notifications. When I view the cameras they are constantly moving around and scanning. 

This isn't only major annoying but it also defeats the object of having a security camera if its constantly moving around. 

I've tried turning off motion detection which then turns off tracking, again not great if someone is moving around outside. 

Any suggestions most welcome. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C520ws constantly scans in the rain-Solution
2024-02-13 11:56:15 - last edited 2024-02-29 09:32:31

@Skewett 

Hi,
You can check if the following instructions will help or not.
How to reduce motion detections from rain, snow or insects,etc.?
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo C520ws constantly scans in the rain-Solution
2024-02-13 11:56:15 - last edited 2024-02-29 09:32:31

@Skewett 

Hi,
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo C520ws constantly scans in the rain
2024-02-25 22:36:27

@Solla-topee I'm having the same problem. I did connect with the chat support today and also read the suggested article.

The motion detection keeps detecting rain. My current setting is as below, so definitely the sensor isn't useful at all.

Motion Detection - On with sensitivity 1

Person - off

Pet - off 

Vehicle - off

Boundary - on and if the rain drop in the video crosses the line it sends motion alert too!!

Don't know how to fix this and this is sort of ok when at home and pointless when Away if I keep getting false notifications I'm not going to bother looking at them and may eventually miss the real breaches.

As a fact after chatting to support about 3 hours ago today I reduced sensitivity to 1 and in last 2-3 hours I've seen about 100 alerts with a mix of motion and boundary crossing alerts. Note: it's constantly raining and I'm at a very quiet street with no one walking around and it's impossible that 100 vehicles would've crossed because thats a lot even for whole day.

I have also set activity zone to my drive only so vehicles should not trigger alerts outside of my zone but still trigger motion detection alerts!

Please help fix this else I'm returning the device within a few days of trying a bit more!

Thanks

Solla-topee wrote

@Skewett 

Hi,
Best Regards

Options
2024-02-25 22:52:53 - last edited 2024-02-25 22:53:56

@AjayB also if I switch OFF motion detection and keep person detection ON then it doesn't solve the purpose either because activity zones can't be setup on person detection settings. This means anyone walking their dog on the pedestrian outside or on the pedestrian on the other side of the road would trigger a person detection notification too.

AjayB wrote

@Solla-topee I'm having the same problem. I did connect with the chat support today and also read the suggested article.

The motion detection keeps detecting rain. My current setting is as below, so definitely the sensor isn't useful at all.

Motion Detection - On with sensitivity 1

Person - off

Pet - off 

Vehicle - off

Boundary - on and if the rain drop in the video crosses the line it sends motion alert too!!

Don't know how to fix this and this is sort of ok when at home and pointless when Away if I keep getting false notifications I'm not going to bother looking at them and may eventually miss the real breaches.

As a fact after chatting to support about 3 hours ago today I reduced sensitivity to 1 and in last 2-3 hours I've seen about 100 alerts with a mix of motion and boundary crossing alerts. Note: it's constantly raining and I'm at a very quiet street with no one walking around and it's impossible that 100 vehicles would've crossed because thats a lot even for whole day.

I have also set activity zone to my drive only so vehicles should not trigger alerts outside of my zone but still trigger motion detection alerts!

Please help fix this else I'm returning the device within a few days of trying a bit more!

Thanks

Solla-topee wrote

@Skewett 

Hi,
Best Regards

Options
2024-02-27 09:29:31

@AjayB 

Hi,
Please help provide the following information about the reported case for further analysis.
1. When the motion detection is turned on, and sensitivity is set to 1, please send me a picture of the activity zone page and a video clip showing the rain triggers the motion-detected notification.
2. Please send me a picture of the camera's Line-Crossing Detection page and a video clip showing the rain triggers the Line-Crossing notification.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1111

Replies: 4

Related Articles