Question about Tapo Care

Question about Tapo Care

Question about Tapo Care
Question about Tapo Care
2024-03-29 18:06:16 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Are the videos stored in the cloud (Tapo Care) end-to-end encrypted?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Question about Tapo Care-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

According to TP-Link Technical Support:

"Hi,

Sorry, we have not received an accurate response at this time. Current response: Strictly end-to-end encrypted means device-side encryption and app decryption. Our current encryption is in the cloud and decrypted by the app, with a separate encryption to each clip."

"Hi,

You can assume that it does not support end-to-end encryption. Because the encryption of one end is in our cloud server, not on the device side as you understand it."

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Question about Tapo Care
2024-04-01 10:01:47

@leotavano 

Hi,
We have implemented measures, including encryption and TLS technology, designed to secure your personal data, including the videos stored in the cloud.
If you do not share your Tapo camera with other TP-Link accounts, only the person who has your TP-Link account can log in to the Tapo app to watch the camera's Live View page. And only the owner account can watch the cloud video recordings via the Tapo app.
Best Regards

Options
2024-04-01 10:47:46

@Solla-topee

Yes, I've already read about, but I would like to make sure if the videos stored in the cloud (Tapo Care) are end-to-end encrypted

Options

leotavano wrote

@Solla-topee

Yes, I've already read about, but I would like to make sure if the videos stored in the cloud (Tapo Care) are end-to-end encrypted

Up

Options
Re:Question about Tapo Care-Solution

According to TP-Link Technical Support:

"Hi,

Sorry, we have not received an accurate response at this time. Current response: Strictly end-to-end encrypted means device-side encryption and app decryption. Our current encryption is in the cloud and decrypted by the app, with a separate encryption to each clip."

"Hi,

You can assume that it does not support end-to-end encryption. Because the encryption of one end is in our cloud server, not on the device side as you understand it."

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 201

Replies: 4

Related Articles