local computer names not propagated
local computer names not propagated
2024-03-30 13:02:53 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Tags: #mDNS
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20240117 Rel.57421

Hi,

I have a problem with [name].local not propagating to the other clients on the network. I've tried setting the device's (it's a Raspberry Pi) hosts file but haven't been able to resolve the issue. Also, mDNS doesn't work (avahi-services) running on multiple devices. It seems that IP6 has something to do with it. It started after the update to 1.4.1.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Regards, Marco.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:local computer names not propagated-Solution
2024-04-01 02:44:02 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi @MarcoD70 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you first rule out the IPv6? Use IPv6 for the test.
In the test environment and most posts on the forum, AFAIK, it is under the DHCPv4 and it works flawlessly.

If you have trouble with DHCPv4, please refer to this guide:

You should also pay attention to your config on your system. In the test environment, there is no issues with the discovery.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:local computer names not propagated-Solution
2024-04-01 02:44:02 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi @MarcoD70 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you first rule out the IPv6? Use IPv6 for the test.
In the test environment and most posts on the forum, AFAIK, it is under the DHCPv4 and it works flawlessly.

If you have trouble with DHCPv4, please refer to this guide:

You should also pay attention to your config on your system. In the test environment, there is no issues with the discovery.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:local computer names not propagated
2024-04-01 13:36:23 - last edited 2024-04-01 13:37:00

Hi  @Clive_A 

Thanks for ruling out issues with the router. Something seems broken with the network configuration on my side (IPv4 and IPv6) and my ISP (IPv4). Therefore, I disabled IPv6 for now. 

Kind regards,

Marco 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 123

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles