Is AX53 discontinued?
Is AX53 discontinued?
2024-04-13 12:37:18 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

Hello, 

Is AX53 reached end of life?

Older and more affordable routers like AX20 is getting Wireguard VPN support and even older routers like archer C6 and archer A6 are getting DoH and DoT support. 

The AX53 haven't got any update or its in beta firmware list for the above features. 

Please let us know whether it's discontinued so that people can stop buying dumb products which is only support for a year 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Is AX53 discontinued?
2024-04-13 14:02:42

@Archer3150 

Hi,

There is still no DoH and DoT support available for Archer AX53, but the beta firmware 1.2.4 does support WireGuard VPN.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722

Options
2024-04-13 14:59:29

@Archer3150 

I doubt that AX53 is abandoned:

Most probably the work on its latest official FW is still in progress.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-15 10:35:16

@Archer3150 

Sorry that we don't get advanced notice of whether there will be new updates being released or when a feature update will be available for Archer AX53. The way we do firmware is that we only release a new version when there is a bug/flaw/vulnerability to patch or a new feature to add, but since I am not in software development, I cannot provide a definite answer. We recommend keeping an eye on our official website for any new firmware updates if there would be any.

Regarding the status of Archer AX53, I can confirm that it is not yet End of Life (EOL). You can refer to the list of EOL products on our website here, and your model is not included. The absence of new firmware updates does not imply that the product is EOL. Instead, it signifies that the product is functioning properly. If you encounter any issues, kindly provide detailed information, and we will do our best to assist and find a solution.

Options
3 weeks ago

@terziyski it's just a marketing technique, they did the same thing for Archer C3150 where the older routers got feature updates and despite having the dual core processor it was discontinued and it received only 3 updates in its lifetime with many users reporting bugs which were never addressed 

Options
3 weeks ago

@woozle the posts mentions easymesh via ethernet backhaul and Wireguard VPN is not mentioned anywhere

Options
3 weeks ago

@Archer3150 

Let's hope that's not the case with AX53 since I've already implemented a dozen units in a client's environment.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
3 weeks ago

@Marvin_S many of the features are added to much cheaper routers like AX20. AX53 is expensive and has powerful hardware than AX20, I don't see any point in buying expensive hardware

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 260

Replies: 7

Related Articles