TAPO C200 Can Only be controlled localy

2024-07-12 21:25:42
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.9 Build 231019 Rel.38052(5553)

The TAPO app displays this device can only be controlled locally with my Tapo C200

I tried resetting the camera, tested in 2 different wireless networks, 2 different TAPO accounts, but the problem persist, even tried with the suggestions below, my network is ok, my other cameras work fine, just these one doesn't.

Here are some suggestions on this issue.

1. Please update the Tapo app to the latest one and update the firmware of the Tapo Camera to the latest one.

2. Reboot your camera for a try.

3. Try some tips in the below guide (Case2) : 
What should I do if I can't view the Tapo camera?
Including adjusting your router's DNS settings(such as changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8).

4. Please connect your phone to a different Wi-Fi network for a try, or test when the phone uses mobile data from other SIM cards company. (This is to see if the problem relates to a certain ISP or SIM card company.)

5. You may also factory reset the camera, reinstall it, and see if that makes any difference.

Any help will be appreciated

Options
2 Reply
Re:TAPO C200 Can Only be controlled localy
2024-07-15 06:35:19

@Edi_3way 

Hi,
Please confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Please send me(@Solla-topee) the MAC address of your Tapo C200 via a private message.
2. Who is your internet service provider? 
3. What's the model number of your router?

Best Regards

Options
Re:TAPO C200 Can Only be controlled localy
2024-07-16 06:03:27

@Edi_3way 

Hi,
Thank you for the provided information via a private message. Can you insert an SD card into the camera, and then refer to the instructions below to collect the camera log for further analysis?
How to get the log of Tapo Camera?
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 154

Replies: 2

Related Articles