Recent Camera Update ??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Recent Camera Update ??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Recent Camera Update ??
Recent Camera Update ??
2015-12-03 14:11:08
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello !
Tonight I was prompted to update the camera app on my Android phone.
I am unable to do this as the app demands a sideload install outside of Google Play.

As I went on my Chrome browser to see what was up with the camera I recieved a demand to update firmware on my camera.

The firmware update started over the internet before I was realizing what I was doing !

I hope my camera could do this safely as I am unable to verify currently,
due to the camera app on my phone being IMPOSSIBLE to update as the app update is not published to Google Play !

And as I at that location do not have other supported platforms I can not check up on the camera !

I have to say that updates outside of Google Play is a very unwise strategy !!
Most people have app downloads from sources outside of Google Play blocked !

Please reply as soon as possible !
Options
10 Reply
Re:Recent Camera Update ??
2015-12-04 04:24:24
I got my camera yesterday, the NC200, set it up, can view things with IE. Woke up this morning, get a request to install new firmware, and new plugin for IE, now nothing works. Android app was also updated, that seem to work but only after a reset and reconfiguration. IE is still broken, no video streaming via the plugin.

Any ideas? Should I downgrade?
Options
2015-12-04 04:40:34
got any update on my camera this morning, had to reset it, it wouldn't take my admin password. also got the plugin update, now I can not view the video from IE in general or to configure motion detection. got the android app update, it's the only thing that is able to view the video stream.
Options
2015-12-04 07:25:52
I was able to get the app in Google Play. No side loading was necessary. It is an app, not firmware. I was not informed about a firmware update.
Options
2015-12-07 09:46:50
For me the solution appeared on Google Play a day or two after my initial post !! In the form of the new app ! So now my Android app works ! I just wish TP link would make the whole shebang work on Linux as well ! For example IN CHROME !

Orientoe I dont know about your problem :-/ Maybe try firefox ?? Just make sure you allow plugins when trying to view video ! Anyway hope you fix it Goodluck ! Its an ok net camera when it works !
Options
2015-12-08 02:26:09
Oh yeah...
After that firmware update...
TP-Link Camera Control Panel cant "see" the Cams (NC200)...
And im using that to record, to keep en eye on the house when we are at work
I Did everything to get it to "see" em...
Reset. reregister, new account, Reinstall.... and i can go on !!!
That littel trick with the new app(android) gave us a new firmware (Firmware Version: 2.1.3 Build 151125 Rel.24992)
Wauw, i really thought that firmware updates were tested before release !!
On the other hand, That new android app, thats a lot bettere than the old one.
BTW. before someone mentions it,
THERES NO FREE DATA TRAFFIC WERE I LIVE.
So thats not an option.
Options
2015-12-08 08:13:59
Wauw....
Just found out that TP-Link, made an Firmware thats not compatible with their software.
And the Software proberly WONT be Upgraded....
those other cameraes i ordered, are going back !!
Options
2015-12-08 10:11:21
I just downgraded the plugin and IE works again with the new firmware. Just goto the website and download the previous plugin. I don't think it'll ever work in chrome.
Options
2015-12-10 19:38:43
TP-LINK tell me they will update their camera control tool, which will be compatible with the new firmware of their camera.
Options
2015-12-10 20:40:37
Hello.

I bought the tplink camera nc200 a few months ago and everything worked properly.
I could always connect through my cloud without any problem and the motion detection worked as it shoul.

After the automated firmware upgrade, the camera has problems, disconnecting randomly after a day. I need to pool out the power and put it back, then it's working again.

I can't be at home to reset everytime the camera, it's useless this way.

Everyhing was fine until last update.
Options
The last firmware for nc200 is bad.
2015-12-10 20:54:30
Hello.

I bought the tplink camera nc200 a few months ago and everything worked properly.
I could always connect through my cloud without any problem.

After the automated firmware upgrade, the camera has problems, disconnecting randomly after a day. I need to pool out the power and put it back, then it's working again.

I can't be at home to reset everytime the camera, it's useless this way.

Everyhing was fine until last update.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 848

Replies: 10

Related Articles