nc450 sd card formatting problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

nc450 sd card formatting problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
38 Reply
Re:nc450 sd card formatting problem
2021-02-11 22:38:15

@Brook  I am been facing this error second time now after 4 months of first card, I got my SD Card replaced just 3 months ago. It was working fine for couple of weeks, 24 hours recording and the timeline playback access was working fine. Since yesterday, The sd card menu went to "SD CARD    Formatting..."

Now, I cannot see any backlog recording, No timeline no nothing. The camera I have installed is a remote place and thousands of miles away from my residence. 

Please help me out here because I am tired of going back again at the location and replace the card. If there is nothing to fix it then please let me know, I would gladly switch to other options without a negative feedback. 

Hardware Version: 2.0

Firmware Version 1.5.6

Options
2021-06-04 20:43:18

@Brook  your solution link is broken.

This issue happened to me in 3 cameras at the same time. Now I cant see any recording since they show the sd as always "formatting"

Options
2021-06-09 15:52:54

I have the same issue. Endless formatting and no access to previous recordings from the time the sd got full.

Is there anybody in tp-link watching any of us here?

Maybe a new firmware would solve the problem.

Else please find me another solution (like: "U may format the sd on yr pc with FAT32 system or... or..." SAY SOMETHING!!!!

I'm using NC450, Hardware 2.0, Firmware 1.5.6, SD Samsung mb-mc32ga/eu evo plus 32 gb microsdhc u1 class 10.

I'm hundreds of miles away, I tried to reboot the camera, turn off 24hr-recording but all I get is the same --- endless formatting!!!

Options
2021-06-18 09:59:16

Same here. SD cards fails constantly on both my cameras and need reformatting.

Furthermore connecting to Live View using the mobile app takes forever (more than 5 seconds).

This camera is pretty dissapointing...

Options
2021-08-10 02:39:57

@Brook The link you have recommended do not exist. Please correct it.

Thanks

Francisco Picatto

Options
2021-10-04 22:42:07

I have this problem on 3 remote cameras NC450 with the same HW and SW versions as mentioned above.

I removed the 3 SD and I was able to read and copy the video, but was not able to format them with my notebook (Win 7).

Fortunately in the same location I have a Tapo C200 camera, I inserted the SD there, it ask me to format and made them work on that camera.

Then I inserted again on my NC450s, and formatted again for these cameras.

They begin to work fine, recording when detecting movement.

They worked fine for almost a week, now the same problem as before:  "Formatting...."

I associated this behavior after the last SW version upgrade

I think TP Link put a programmed obsolescence bug on them, now I wonder how much time I have left in my Tapo Camera or how much time do I have on these ones for suvervillence.

Support shall reply on our request, for now I am very disappointed with tp-link

Options
2021-10-05 10:07:19

@PanchoArg I´m afraid that the problem cannot be solved. Otherwise Tp-Link would have fixed this years ago. 
It would be nice to hear from the support team, that "this cannot be fixed. Period" :-)  

Options
2021-10-05 12:25:04

@Pede63 

I think it is a matter of "they dont want to " rather than "they cannot"..hehe...

The message is "buy our brand new cammeras, instead of trying to make the old ones work".

The behaviour of the SD is weird. Theoretically, they format them in FAT32 and they are even accesable by Windows. But somehow they block them from formatting or writing to the SD, at least in Windows... I was not able to find a way to format it from there, but then I found that another camera (different from NC450) can do the formatting.

Anyway... the happyness last for about one week, and again the "formating" message... that looks not like a bug but as a programmable obsolecence trik..

If you find how to downgrade the software to an older version, or other solution, please let me know..

Kind Regards

Pancho

Options
Related Articles