Conflicting DHCP when Deco in AP mode ?

Conflicting DHCP when Deco in AP mode ?

140 Reply
Re:Conflicting DHCP when Deco in AP mode ?
2022-08-28 10:27:38

@Daro-JuanE 

@GPGeek 

@TP-Link

@frederikk

@David-TP

Same here, Deco X20 and this "feature" had me running like a headless chicken for hours, trying to find out what the hell was wrong with my network after my Pihole instance that takes care of both DHCP and DNS crashed...

Options
[Feature Request] Smart DHCP on/off switch under access point mode
2022-09-27 16:51:36
Bonjour, Et pour deco p9? Est il possible de désactivé smart dhcp? Merci
Options
2022-09-28 05:56:08

@Etienne015 

Hi, so far Deco P9 still does not support turning off smart DHCP under access point mode and you are welcome to send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com to tell us:

1.A picture of your network layout.

2. How did you find out Deco P9 started assigning IP addresses?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-28 06:36:42

@David-TP 

You're really still doing this???

You've released the ability to disable smart/dumb DHCP on some devices, for good reason as it totally messes us a network but 3.5 years in you're still asking for network diagrams from people for other devices.

Don't you get it yet, it's a terrible feature. Stop wasting the time of your customers and allow it to be disabled on all devices. It should ship disabled by default.

Isn't your product team embarrassed by all this?

David-TP wrote

@Etienne015 

Hi, so far Deco P9 still does not support turning off smart DHCP under access point mode and you are welcome to send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com to tell us:

1.A picture of your network layout.

2. How did you find out Deco P9 started assigning IP addresses?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-29 14:38:31

@David-TP 

Bonjour,  je vous ai envoyé le mail demandé. 

Merci d'avance pour votre retour. 

Etienne 

Options
2022-12-13 21:02:05 - last edited 2022-12-13 21:03:10

I have been having issues around this with an OpenWRT router and a Deco X20. Looks like in my case it was what the response from TPLink says, it seems like openwrt's dnsmasq server for some reason was not responding after detecting another on the network. Noticed there was something about forcing the dhcp server when there are others competing in this doc here https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/base-system/dhcp_configuration#race_conditions_with_netifd

After doing the following in the when sshed into the openwrt, I now seem to have a functioning network

uci set dhcp.lan.force="1"
uci commit dhcp
/etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart

Options
2023-04-18 05:07:48

@Nemmy Hah, that was it.  I guess both devices were being so "smart" that they catch-22ed themselves

Options
Re:Conflicting DHCP when Deco in AP mode ? DECO S7 I can't turn off dhcp
2023-06-03 01:06:10

تضمين التغريدة Hello, I am from Iraq. I work in distributing the Internet through a mikrotik with a hotspot system, broadcasting to mobile phones. A while ago, I bought 10 pieces of the deco s7 router.

When I programmed it with an access point system, the deco distributes the IP address 192.168.68.1 and the feast is from the different IP, and I cannot stop dhcp. I tried a lot and could not. If it is possible to solve this problem, stop dhcp.?? stop I look forward to your response as soon as possible, thank you

Options
2023-06-26 08:07:41

@TP-Link Hi, please can the feature to switch off the Smart DHCP on the Deco Voice X20 also be added. Or if there is already BETA firmware please share with me I need it urgently.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Conflicting DHCP when Deco in AP mode ?
2023-06-26 08:41:59

@Malchambar 

Sadly I have to laugh in despair. This issue was raised in 2019 and tp-link still can't get their act together to add the option to fully disable "smart DHCP" 4, four, FOUR, FOUR!!! years later.

Options