Network issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Network issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Network issues
Network issues
2019-08-13 15:36:54 - last edited 2019-08-14 02:45:50
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20190312 Rel. 41183

Hi first time posting, I was wandering why even thought the wireless connection is 100% on my xbox wirelessly and and even when connected using an ethernet cable I am getting random bursts of lag? It is even happening on my firestick and I'm just wandering if anybody has a way to fix this issue? I have checked the location assistant and it says it's in the perfect place yet I am still getting network and connection issues. Is there a port I can open on the router that  will improve the connection between the router and the extender or is it an issue with the wifi connection in the house? Thanks for any replies. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Network issues
2019-08-14 02:48:54

@Chris96 

The TL-WA850RE is a range extender. Not much advanced feature can be setup on it.

What about other devices? Do they have the same issue? 

Try to enable the UPnP or open the port for the Xbox/firestick on the main router to give it a shot. 

Besides, you can assign a static IP for them and verify their performance. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 1

Related Articles