Which add-on unit to use with TL-PA8033P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-09 21:33:56

Hi

This is hopefully an easy question but I've not been able to find the answer anywhere.

I've bought the TL-PA8033P starter kit (3 port ethernet powerline) which is working well, but I need to add one more remote unit on the same network.

Does anyone know which add-on units are available, preferably with the same/nearly the same spec as the TL-PA8033P? I don't need Wi-Fi, just a single (or dual) ethernet port. Must be able to join the same network as the existing paired powerline units in the TL-PA8033P kit (same network, fed by the same router port).

Thanks for any advice!

Stuart

Options
8 Reply
Re:Which add-on unit to use with TL-PA8033P
2019-09-10 03:35:46

@SRM 

For your information, all the TP-Link powerline adapters  are compatible with each other, while you buy the TL-PA8033pKIT as the start kit, then the 7/8/9 series will be recommended.

You can refer to the case 2 of the instruction below:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/564

Below is the powerline adapter which are available now; The TL-WPA8630P seems to be a good choice cause it has 3 ethernet ports, and it has wifi function which can be disabled if you do not need it and it supports power passthrough.

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/powerline/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-09-10 09:29:36

Thanks for the reply. Disappointing that you seem to have to buy another TWO units (to get similar spec) when all I need is one unit to extend my network. People have already mentioned this in the reviews on Amazon.

Options
2019-09-11 03:09:02

@SRM 

The powerline adapters are sold as a kit usually, BUT the TL-WPA8630P is available as single one which means you do not have to buy a kit.

It is a good choice to be added into the existing powerline network. The wireless feature is optional, it can be enabled/disabled manually. 

Best regards. 

Options
2019-09-11 07:11:42

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the suggestion but that sucks. The reason being, that unit is £92 on Amazon for a single unit with WiFi (which I don’t need and would need to disable).  

Another starter kit of two devices (like the one I already have) with 3 Ethernet sockets is £66 so makes more sense to buy that. However, I’m still having to pay for another unit I don’t need.

TP link documentation and marketing should make this clear. It’s a rip off. Amazon reviewers have made this point a number of times. 

Options
2019-09-11 09:57:17

@SRM 

Thanks for your reply, and I got your point.

I do understand that the price difference between one unit and a kit is hard to accept, as a tech support who do not know the sales/price strategy, as my knowledge, the TL-WPA8630P has some advanced features than the other one, that is why it is more expensive.

While back to your case, you can buy another starter kit, and you can add them into the existing network and use them to provide more ethernet ports for your wired devices.

Wish you have a good day. 

Options
2020-05-02 09:55:54
HI, I recently bought TL-PA8033P starter KIt an have the sam issue. Have conntcated the kit ok and it works really well. I have bought as I want to swithc off wifi at home completely. For this reason I would not like to buy the expensive single unit with wifi. I need to connect 2 more devices at my home - do I then need to buy 2 more starter kits?
Options
2021-12-25 11:06:54

@SRM 

I'm in the same position.   Just bought the TL-PA8033P "Starter Kit" & want to add more 3-Port plugs.

How can it be called a Starter Kit if you can't buy extra plugs?

I want 2-3 extra 3-Port plugs, but definitely don't want them to be WiFi extenders.

If my only option is to buy another TL-PA8033P starter kit, will the single port plug work as an outlet?   Or is it surplus junk?

Thanks

Options
2021-12-29 13:46:59

Hello@Clem_Fandango

Thank you for your feedback. 

Here is FAQ for recommendation when selecting add-on powerline units. 

How can I select the powerline device?

As far as I know most powerline device are sold by KIT, some area have model TL-WPA4220  (AV600 Wi-Fi extender with 100Mbps Ethernet port) sold singly, if you do not mind speed you may consider a extra WPA4220 to work with existing AV1300.

Hope this helps. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2691

Replies: 8

Related Articles