OneMesh Availability for powerline products

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-16 09:58:15 - last edited 2022-10-31 03:29:58
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I am looking into possibilities of improving my WiFi coverage using a TP-Link Archer VR600v AC1600. OneMesh sounds pretty appealing but if I'm not mistaken, the only extension product currently supporting OneMesh is the RE300 repeater. Because I need decent WiFi at both ends of my apartment, I was leaning towards a powerline+WiFi solution such as the TL-WPA7510 or TL-WPA4220 kits. As these are listed under "coming soon" in your compatibility table and I couldn't find out any information beyond that, I was wondering if there was already an expected release date for OneMesh firmware updates for these kits, so I can make an informed decision.

Thanks for your help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OneMesh Availability for powerline products-Solution
2021-03-16 06:44:20 - last edited 2022-08-18 09:39:30

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for being interested in tp-link oneMesh feature.

For the latest news about oneMesh, please always refer to OneMesh Compatibility List on the TP-Link official website
https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/compatibility/

Kindly note that " Planned" is not a guarantee for oneMesh feature, and the Planned models might be updated and modified as the notice on the top compatibility list. As a presale suggestion, please consider the models that already support this feature.  
For the final release date please always keep on eye on the above compatibility list update or our official website. 

If you require the same feature, please leave the Hardware version and Country version (UK/ EU etc.) of your device , and we would record your feedback for further evaluation. Your understanding is much appreciated. 

Recommended Solution
Options
58 Reply
Re:OneMesh Availability for powerline products
2019-09-17 06:26:53 - last edited 2021-03-16 06:20:22

@3k1m92 

Below is the compatibility list of One mesh.

https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/compatibility/

As you know, no powerline adapters which support one mesh is available yet. 

For the TL-WPA4220, the firmware supporting one mesh feature is under testing now. While the estimated support time is still unsure.

So it is highly recommended to keep an eye on our official website or contact us for further updates.

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-17 07:09:26
Thank you for your quick reply, Kevin! Do you also have information on the gigabit kit (TL-WPA7510)? Current ETA in October means I can probably buy now and wait for the update but I might want to get the faster kit right away. What's the expected timeline for that?
Options
2019-09-17 14:24:13

@Kevin_Z good to hear its really "soon" rather than marketing-speak "soon" :-)

Since it says WPA4220 v4.0 how can I know if these that Amazon sell are v4.0 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-WPA4220T-KIT-Powerline-Broadband-Configuration/dp/B07N1HDMFR?ref_=ast_sto_dp?th=1&psc=1

We have to have a Mesh router as well, yes??

Options
2019-09-18 03:12:39

@Methanoid 

For your information, we can get the hardware version from the box package or the back label on the device itself.

You can contact the sales staff from Aamzon to verify the hardware version of the TL-WPA4220 first before they deliver it to you.

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-18 03:14:40

@3k1m92 

Yes, for the TL-WPA4220, the one mesh feature will be added in next firmware, please verify its hardware version as well.

For the TL-WPA7510kit, sorry to tell you that we do not have such information yet; while in my opinion, the TL-WPA7510kit will be the next one since the TL-WPA4220. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
2019-12-10 17:57:23

@Kevin_Z any update on the timeline of OneMesh for Powerline adapters? I see that the last updated was around 3 months ago, and like the original post, I would like to make informed decisions regarding upcoming availablility. 

Options
2019-12-11 10:40:57

@T_Hod 

Hello, the firmware which supports onemesh is still under test; to test the compatibility with different OS version and ensure the performance, more tests have been reserved; so the ETA is unsure; you can keep an eye on official website/compatibility list. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-11 13:12:22

@3k1m92 

I would not suggest buying. Given an ETA of October and failure to deliver by 2 months AT LEAST I would avoid taking the chance. 

Options
2019-12-30 19:34:07

I'm also still waiting for OneMesh... !!! I will keep an eye on the website and this thread!

Options
2020-01-07 07:56:14

Hello @QWERTZ and all,

We have confirmed with our engineers, the firmware with onemesh supported is under test now; once it passed all the tests before launch, we will post it on the official website. 

You can keep an eye on the official website or this thread to get updates.

Thanks for your kindly understanding and support in advance. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 16848

Replies: 58