Can I use M5 with Cat7 ethernet connected to a sky router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-18 13:31:59

I've recently got Sky internet but it's really terrible with multiple dead spots especially on 1st and 2nd floors of my house. Can I connect the sky router via a Cat7 ethernet cable run to the 1st floor to an M5 unit and then have a 2nd unit of the 2nd floor to boost sky signal throughtout my house?

Am i best to connect the M5 next to the router as opposed to using ethernet to connect to a differnt floor?

Alternatively - what are the options other that ditching sky :-) ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I use M5 with Cat7 ethernet connected to a sky router?
2019-10-18 23:25:01 - last edited 2019-10-21 05:31:43

Cat 7 is ok, but cat5e still good enought to fully support isp speed atm (exp. 500Mbps package).

Options
Re:Can I use M5 with Cat7 ethernet connected to a sky router?
2019-10-21 01:44:59

@warrenm 

Hello, you can connect the main Deco M5 to the sky router by wired cable and locate the second Deco M5 on 2nd floor to boost wifi signal.

The Deco units can connect to each other by wired cable or wireless, so it is up to you to choose the connection type.

Besides, it is suggested to configure the Deco M5 as access point mode if you still use the Sky router, so that you can avoid the double NAT issue. 

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2015

Replies: 2