Deco M5 source signal selectable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 source signal selectable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
333 Reply
Re:Deco M5 source signal selectable?
2021-09-23 03:43:16

@MackPhoenix62 This is just crazy. TP Link doesn't optimize on the route

Options
2021-09-30 06:15:25

i  have the Deco M9 Plus with the same issue that trying to create a daisy chain results in the furthest node (of 3) connecting to the main (weaker) node rather thn the much closer node. I have also noticed the identical problem with devises connecting to weaker/further away Deco units. 

TP Link suggested that I try a beta version of the firmware which I do not want to risk.

Will there be (and if so when) updated firmware for the M9 Plus that will allow me to specify the way the Deco nodes connect to each other (and possibly similarly to assign a device to a particular node)?

I am quite disappointed with the limited customisation that is possible via the app.

Options
2021-10-13 03:24:17

Same issue here... is TP Link Engineers gonna bring us a solution? Or i will have to change to other brand? Is very annoying considering that in my country (Peru) i had to pay almost USD300.00 for this product. My bedroom's deco stills connecting to main deco instead of slave that is closer with better signal!

Options
2021-11-10 19:22:46

@MackPhoenix62 

MackPhoenix62 wrote

Is there an optimize command from the Deco App so that Deco slave units find their best signal source?

Is the signal source for slave decos selectable from the Deco App?

Options
2021-11-14 14:40:31 - last edited 2021-11-14 14:43:52

@TP-Link 

Selecting the source manually needs to be addressed now as it has been a known issue for users since 2019.
Simply stating that the node should normally use the strongest wireless connection that it can find does not suffice.

Asking for layout of the node does not suffice.

Manually selecting the source signal will, because we as issuers know which connection is the best.

#decosignalproblem #decoweaksignal

All threads relating to this:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/215924?page=5
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/253374
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/173748
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/247188

Options
2021-12-02 13:17:30

@MackPhoenix62 

I too can't wait for the release of v1.6

I have 4 decos over 3 floors. 1 on ground floor, 2 on the middle floor and 1 on the top floor.

The one on the top floor connects to the base Deco on the ground floor and therefore has a weak signal! Surely it should connect to either of the Deco units on the 2nd floor. The signal has to pass past them to connect the the unit on the ground floor, very odd.

It will be great when l can force the Deco on the third floor to connect to one of the Deco's on the second floor.

Options
2022-01-17 17:22:21 - last edited 2022-01-17 17:23:24

The way that this works is absolutely absurd and the action here from TP-Link is unbelievably slow (yet to happen after more than 2 years..).

My third Deco is also connecting to the one that is furthest away (where the internet is served to my home), bypassing a perfectly good second Deco en route, which would serve as a very strong bridge! Why on earth these units are configured to work this way is beyond me...

TP-Link - please update us on the progress of this issue. When can we expect to actually configure our networks to achieve the service you so actively promise?

Options
2022-02-06 11:26:03
Add me to the list of people experiencing the aforementioned issues... Please update the S4s!
Options
2022-03-08 15:27:40

Well, nice to see kindred spirits. I just learned this was *still* an issue until now. How do we get TP Link to pay attention to this issue? (I'm on an M4, even!)

Options
2022-03-11 00:28:46

@Eric_Yong  there is a way to force a deco to connect to the stronger source. first u remove the deco that u want to change. this will reset the deco to factory. then u want to place the deco near the deco source u want it to connect to, then add that deco thru the app. the deco will connect to the nearest source. after doing this, the new deco will always connect to the source it was configured with.

Options
Related Articles