Can't connect laptop wifi to extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-20 10:49:35 - last edited 2019-11-20 10:56:47
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi

I am trying to connect my laptop to the extender. We've changed our virgin router and I'm pretty sure the TPLink is showing as the ID of our previous router (given that I can see it shown with full service, despite the old router not being here any more so I think it must be the TP extender ID too).  It's showing that I am connected with full service

Yet when I go to http://tplinkplclogin.net/ the page won't load to let me look at settings etc (despite me being able to access other websites, BBC and obviously this one to submit my query, albeit very slowly).

Also while connected to the TP Link I'm getting about 5MB connection, but without and relying on going through walls to the router, I'm getting about 25MB which means the TP Link is useless?

Could anyone offer any advice please?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't connect laptop wifi to extender
2019-11-23 11:24:38

@LJD 

First, if you want to access the web interface of the TL-WPA4220, try to use the utility to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4220kit/#Utility 

For the speed, what is the bandwidth you paid for your ISP? 

With computer connected to the TL-WPA4220 directly by wired cable, please test the actual speed you can get.

And please use the tpPLC utility to check the powerline link rate between them.

Besides, you can relocate the adapter and ensure the firmware is up to date to give it a go.

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2534

Replies: 1

Related Articles