Can't find third deco m9 plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-02 19:00:31
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v2

Hello all,

Today I installed my deco m9 plus (3-pack) and everything worked fine. All the deco's were wired from de modem. I only had 1 problem: the internetspeed of my gaming PC was really slow, so I tried a few things. I unwired the deco in the attic (second floor) and tried wireless. Since then this deco isn't connecting anymore. The main deco can't find it.

I tried this 5 steps and nothing is working..:

1. Move your smartphone closer to the slave Deco unit you're trying to add, move the slave Deco unit next to the Main Deco, reboot the Main Deco.

Make sure the slave Deco unit is powered on and the LED is pulsing blue. If not, reset the slave Deco by pressing the RESET button for one second.

Then wait for 2 minutes till the main Deco is working and the LED is pulsing blue on the slave Deco, try to add the slave Deco again.

2. Force the Deco app to close, then open the app and add the slave Deco again. If the app reminds "We couldn't find Deco", please tap TRY AGAIN. Then you may see an option called "Setup via Bluetooth", tap the option and walk through the steps to complete the setup (disconnect any Bluetooth devices connected to the phone in this case).

3. Make sure you selected the correct model when configuring the slave Deco.

4. Connect the slave Deco unit to the Main Deco by an Ethernet cable, then try to add the slave Deco again.

5. Unplug main Deco with the modem, connect the slave Deco instead, refer to the link to create a new Deco network for the slave Deco, after setup the slave Deco successfully, update the firmware of the slave Deco to the latest version, then reset the slave deco, and add it to the existing Deco network.

All the deco's are up to date and the other 2 deco's are working fine! When I made a new network with the "third" deco (step 5), the "third" deco was working fine. but I couldn't add it to my existing Deco network...

I hope you understand my english and I hope someone can help me. I'm new to mesh-network.

Greets,

Oekiee

Options
5 Reply
Re:Can't find third deco m9 plus
2019-12-04 03:24:31

@Oekiee 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect them together? 

Is modem a modem router or just a pure modem?

Is there any error message after you failed to add the third Deco? Which step you get stuck on the Deco app? You can show us a screenshot of it. 

Have you ever tried to setup the third Deco as the new network and reset the other two Decos and reconfigure them? 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-04 09:46:28

@Kevin_Z 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect them together? 

It starts at the Ziggo Connectbox (modem router). I connect the main deco to this ofcourse (1st UTP).

The second deco is also wired from the Ziggo connectbox (2nd UTP). And the third is wireless, but this one can't be found, even if it's next to the main or second deco.

Is modem a modem router or just a pure modem?

https://www.ziggo.nl/klantenservice/wifi/modem/connect-box/

I think it's a modem router. Wifi is off on this defice btw.

Is there any error message after you failed to add the third Deco? Which step you get stuck on the Deco app? You can show us a screenshot of it. 

No, there is no error message, it just says: Deco can't be found

Have you ever tried to setup the third Deco as the new network and reset the other two Decos and reconfigure them?

Yes I tried all the different Deco's as a main deco. It worked 1 time all together, when they were all next to each other, but when I wanted to move them to the place where I want them, only the third won't connect.. It's not a big house or something, because my phone is still connected with the second deco, when I try to connect the third deco.

I think it costs me already too much time.. This must be a simple setup right? 

Options
2020-11-30 11:24:47

@Oekiee 

Hi, I have the same problem.

Did you manage to get it working finally?

Regards, Wim

Options
2020-11-30 11:28:27

@wimpie_n 

Yes. For me it is working.

I don't connect them wired anymore. They are all connected wireless and the speed is awesome in my whole house :)

Options
2020-11-30 14:06:58

@Oekiee 

Got it also working. Apparantly you must put your network in "router mode" at extending.

When doing, I only got the main node on. And the new one not wired.

At setting back in "access point mode"  all nodes must be on.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2125

Replies: 5

Related Articles