Mixing powerline adaptors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-16 12:50:52

I'm considering a pair of TP-Link AV2000 powerline adaptors to run from my main PC to the router with attached storage.

I have a really old TP-Link adaptor with WiFi I was going to use in another room. Will having the older powerline adaptor in the mix affect the max speed potential between my PC and the router? I realise AV2000 is only theoretical and will be much lower than advertised anyway, but don't want the old one dragging down the overall speeds.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Mixing powerline adaptors
2020-01-19 09:23:08

@PoisonJam 

Hello, what is the model number of your old device and this AV2000? It starts with TL-WPA/PAXXX, you can find it on the back label.

For your information, all the powerline adapters are compatible with each other; with AV2000 and junior devices used together, the speed between the AV2000 and the lower rate unit will be limited by the latter one; while the speed between the AV2000 will be fine even though there is a little lit effect on it. 

You can read this article to get more information.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/564

May it help. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1994

Replies: 1

Related Articles