I have 4 TP-7020P devices on my network, one connected to the router and another 3 in different rooms in the house - it all works fine.
I want to extend the network and purchased a TL-WPA4220P (AV600) extender which I hoped would extend the wi-fi into another room with 2 ethernet sockets as well.
I have followed the instructions for setting up and adding this unit but without success so far.
1) Plug the AV600 into a standard wall socket in the same room as the router and main TP-7020 - tick
2) Power off the remainign 3 TP-7020Ps - tick
3) Press 'pair' on the main TP-7020 for approx 1 second - tick
4) Press 'pair' on the new TP-4220 (AV600) - tick
5) Wait for the 'pairing' led on the TP4220 unit to stop flashing and stay on solid - tick
6) Turn on the remaing TP7020Ps and wait for them to rejoin the network - Fails, the powerline LEDs stay on RED.
Am I mixing the wrong units or am I missing a vital step somewhere?
All and any help and advice gratefully received