Smart home with alot of WiFi devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-26 14:06:18 - last edited 2020-02-27 06:25:44
Model: Archer VR900  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my WiFi and no amount of Google searching seems to be getting me any closer to a solution!

I've got 30+ WiFi devices in my house and even though I've recently upgraded to anTPLINK VR900 V3 router, i seem to be at the limit of the devices I can connect. I.e. I have to disconnect something to connect another device! Coverage and speed don't seem to be a problem it's purely the amount of devices trying to connect at once.

My question is if I get another router like the TPLINK AC1750 will I be able to add more devices?

Also how would I connect this router, I can wire it no problem but do I use ap mode and activate DHCP relay?

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart home with alot of WiFi devices
2020-02-27 06:25:17 - last edited 2020-02-27 06:25:44

@dansharpy 

Hi, I have replied to you on this thread and we will follow this up. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/196328?replyId=412028 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 1