SOLVED: C200 notifications schedule

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-27 07:53:11 - last edited 2020-11-23 17:23:31
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Dear community and support,

I just recieved my C200 camera's and have set them up yesterday. I only have 1 question which doesn't seem to be in the manual: Notifcations Schedule.

I don't need a notification everytime I walk past the camera, but I would like a notification when motion is detected within a certain schedule. I only found the option to set a schedule for the camera-alerts (the alarm function in the physical camera). That works perfect, but I would need an exact copy of that schedule for the phone-notifications. 

Please tell me this is possible... or otherwise explain how it's intended to be used.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C200 notifications schedule-Solution
2020-11-23 17:14:35 - last edited 2020-11-23 17:15:07

Feature has been added in latest firmware release. Allthough not like the other calender options in the same app, but hey, we've waited too long for this to complain. 

You can set a notification schedule like this:

Make sure you have Firmware 1.0.16 : 

Open app > select camera > Detection & Alerts > Notifications > Custom time 

You'll be able to select a 1 specific time window, and the days it should be applied to. (So no time window per day, but like I said, better than nothing!)

Thank you TP-link.

Recommended Solution
Options
18 Reply
Re:C200 notifications schedule
2020-03-27 08:46:01

@Tummie555 Hi, if you want to get the notification at a certain schedule, you can go to Camera Settings>Recording Schedule, click on Edit to customize your motion detection time.

Options
2020-03-27 10:40:09

Hi @Stella.Q , thank you for the quick response. I purchased a micro SD card as suggested so I could access the "recording settings/schedule" in the app. 

Unfortunately, this doesn't solve my problem. This only allows us to set a schedule for "recording motion detection". The notifications on the phone don't comply to this schedule. 

So far we have 2 abilties to set a schedule in the app:

- Camera alerts schedule (Purpose for setting a schedule when the camera itself should make an alarm sound when motion is detected)

- Recording schedule (Only available when used with micro SD card, purpose for setting a schedule when the camera should start recording videoclips)

I can't imagine a schedule for notifications is absent, because every minute my phone rings with 3 camera's in house. 

This is a different model, which does have the option clearly stated in the manual: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1966/

Options
2020-03-30 01:54:18

@Tummie555 

You are right, Kasa camera support notification schedule, but Tapo camera does not support yet, it just supports the two schedules you mentioned. We will feedback to our R&D department and then they will work on and evaluate the feasibility.

Have a nice day.

Options
2020-03-30 15:23:10

I recieved a message from support that it's already on their development list and will come in a future firmware update. 

Options
2020-05-13 17:28:31

@Tummie555 I'm wondering when this 3rd scheduler will be released? :-)

Options
2020-05-13 22:00:11

@kinimod I'm sorry but I don't know. I am just a customer of the product. You'll need to ask @Stella.Q 

Options
2020-06-01 21:34:08

Hi,

Anyone from the Community or TP-Link support can update plans for this feature request? Can we get an ETA for this feature?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Options
2020-06-10 05:40:23

@Stella.Q :

Dear Stella.Q,

do you have any schedule when this firmware update will come live?

Thank you for your kind support

Options
2020-06-17 06:47:51

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

Maybe you will be able to help about this topic?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dominik

Options
2020-06-17 08:20:12

@kinimod 

Hi, sorry that I didn't notice this topic yet.

Yes, we do have the plan to add the schedule feature for the Notification in the future updates, but we don't have an ETA yet. 

Currently, we may try with an alternative by enabling the Home Mode and Away Mode on the Tapo app for the camera. You may set different Motion Detection and Notification permissions as per the two modes like you can choose to receive notifications when in Away Mode but don't receive it when in Home Mode.

How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo camera?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4218

Replies: 18