Poor download speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Poor download speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Poor download speeds
Poor download speeds
2020-04-11 13:24:25 - last edited 2020-04-11 13:27:25
Model: TL-PA7020P KITx  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_702191_160730_902

I seem to only be getting 6Mbps down when using the adapters, in comparison to the 50Mbps which I get when using Wi-Fi. However, my upload speed seems to be OK.

I have been using them for the last few years and I haven't really had many problems with them, until recently. I very recently had my internet package upgraded from about 7-8Mbps down up to 50Mbps. Since then, I've been having issues with poor download speeds.

Things i've already tried:

• Changing ethernet cables
  • Moving to different wall outlets/sockets
  • Resetting adapters
  • Updating firmware

I also do not live in an old house, so the electrical cabling should not be an issue.

It may also be worth noting that they are both plugged straight in to the wall. The adapter closest to the router does have a power strip plugged in to it through the passthrough socket. That power strip has about 6 appliances plugged in to it (such of which include a router, modem and a cordless phone).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 429

Replies: 0

Related Articles