Deco M9Plus and Deco P9 not working together

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-28 19:16:33
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20190917 Rel. 71168

Hi Guys,

I am having a lot of trouble with my 3 Deco P9 and 1 Deco M3Plus.

The 4 decos have the latest firmware update.

ISP connection is 500Mbps.  

House is 3 floors (garage, ground floor, 1st floor) with ISP Modem a the entrance of ground floor. it has the shape of a rectangle.

Former setup had 1 P9 at the main entrance on ground floor, 2nd is 7m away on the living room and the 3rd is on the 1st floor above the main deco in ground floor.

the idea was to expand the signal to the garden at the end of the house (remember is its a rectangle) 12m away from the 2nd Deco P9.

after reading all the advises, buying a single m9plus seemed a good idea to use it as the main deco.

The problem is that M9plus and P9 don t get along very well.

If i use the M9Plus  as the main deco, the P9's act strangely with large pins (>400 ms) and the speed is under 10 Mbps on the P9 units.

Regular speed with the P9 as the main is around 150/190 around the house, except for the devices connected in a 3/4m radius from the main deco.

THe M9Plus keeps on disconnecting from the other units.

If i use it as a regular Deco, speeds drops as well in all the 4 units.

What am i doing wrong?

Not a newbie....

About to receive a new switch and thought about connecting them through ethernet with the M9Plus sending the signal to the switch.

Will it work?

What can i do differently to have a decent speed?

Tnxs for Your Help

ZZCabinda 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9Plus and Deco P9 not working together
2020-05-14 12:32:57

@ZzCabinda 

If you have more than 2 Deco P9, it's suggested to configure the P9 work as the main Deco, in this case, the PLC backhaul between Deco P9 will work if the powerline environment is good.

While if you have a switch already, it's suggested to set up the Deco M9 Plus work as the main Deco, and connect other Deco to the switch via cables, and then check if the whole network will work stable?

Options
2020-05-14 16:44:39

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi Guys,

thats what i ended up doing.

m9plus as the main deco.

two P9 cabled and the 3rd one by wifi.

working flawlessly (from time to time i have to reset one of the cabled ones) but besides that working perfectly.

i am buying 3 new m9plus for another house we have. i am sorry but they are SO MUCH BETTER than p9 in software.

still i would give it 9/10 like it is.

thanks for Your reply, it does matter to a concerned customer.

b rgds,

zz cabinda

Options
2020-05-15 12:06:45

@ZzCabinda 

Thank you very much for your support.

For the Deco P9, the new firmware has added more features, which is similar to the Deco M9 Plus, please wait for the new firmware patiently.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 655

Replies: 3

Related Articles