KL430 light strips will not connect to Kasa App on Samsung Note 8

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-22 01:16:39 - last edited 2020-08-13 08:44:54

I recently ordered some light strips and I cannot get the lights to connect to my device. I got on chat support for 45 minutes and the agent said to just use another phone. I dont have another phone. I should not have to switch phones. I can see TP-Link_light-strip...... show up under wifi connections and my phone will switch to it, but then when I try to connect via the Kasa App, it will try to connect for a few minutes and then it will say Unable to connect to light strip wifi" or something along those lines. Support on chat was bad. They seemed like they didn't want to help. They finally said to unplug my router and plug it back in, uninstall Kasa App, turn off phone, then turn it all back on and download the app again. Did all of that but it still does the same thing. 

I also used BlueStack on my laptop since there is no desktop app (need one badly). But it still would not connect. 

I got the extended strips which come with 2 light strips. I tried both individually and together but got the same result. 

How can I make the connection with my phone?

UPDATE:

I just tried again for the heck of it and it went to the next step and asked for my password to the network. I correctly input my password and it now spins and comes back and says "Request Failed, please try again later". 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:KL430 light strips will not connect to Kasa App on Samsung Note 8-Solution
2020-06-11 11:58:34 - last edited 2020-08-13 08:44:54

@danielm 

Hello, apologies for this bad experience you've got from the support team or product itself.

Please try to reset the light strip as below:

a. Unplug the controller part from the power adapter and re-plug it back, wait for 2 seconds, and unplug it again.

b. Repeat the above process for 10 times and the light strip would animate orange and green.

Try to add the strip again on the Kasa app, ensure the 4G cellular data is disabled on the phone and you are disconnected from your host router wifi.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:KL430 light strips will not connect to Kasa App on Samsung Note 8-Solution
2020-06-11 11:58:34 - last edited 2020-08-13 08:44:54

@danielm 

Hello, apologies for this bad experience you've got from the support team or product itself.

Please try to reset the light strip as below:

a. Unplug the controller part from the power adapter and re-plug it back, wait for 2 seconds, and unplug it again.

b. Repeat the above process for 10 times and the light strip would animate orange and green.

Try to add the strip again on the Kasa app, ensure the 4G cellular data is disabled on the phone and you are disconnected from your host router wifi.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1905

Replies: 1