Deco M5 satellite node always connecting to master node instead of a nearer satellite node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 satellite node always connecting to master node instead of a nearer satellite node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
38 Reply
Re:Deco M5 satellite node always connecting to master node instead of a nearer satellite node
2021-08-23 02:49:34

@Hi_Ian 

Hi, there is no beta firmware for X68 yet.

If possible, please help me check the following information so that we could check there is any workaround:

1. Can I have a picture of the floor map about the distance and location of each Deco unit?

2.Please send me a picture of the signal source strengthen on the farthest Deco.

3. is there any problem on the farthest unit if it is not linked to the nearest Deco, such as slow speed, or dropping connection from other Deco units?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco M5 satellite node always connecting to master node instead of a nearer satellite node
2021-08-24 04:08:06

@TP-Link
Hello. Sorry for the crude drawing but here is what I'm trying to achieve.

Notes: I have 4 x Deco X68
See Diagram below....
Deco #1 was the main unit and was sitting just OUTSIDE the back door under my pergola so I could get a strong Wifi signal to the IP Security camera (A) on the shed.
           Deco #2 & #3 are both INDOOR.
           Deco #4 is OUTDOOR but I have it mounted high up under the carport roof so I could get a Wifi signal to the IP Security Camera (B) at my front gate.

Option 1:  When Deco #1 was the main unit, Deco #4 was bypassing Deco #2 (which was next to a window) and connecting to Deco #1 effectively having to transmit through the house to connect. I don't have a screenshot of the signal strength as i have re-configuerd my system but it was showing the weakest signal and yellow.

Option 2: Using a TP-Link Powerline Adaptor, I have now Connected the internet to Deco#2 and made it the MAIN unit now. This seems to be a better location for the the Main unit and the system is working well so far.
I have added screenshots of this configuration.

I know I am pushing the boundaries of Wifi signal strength but it seems to be the best option for having Security cameras on a large property.

Regards
Hi_Ian

Options
2021-08-24 11:02:15

Hi @TP-Link ,

I have deco m5 devices, can you send beta firmware link to set best deco to connect between decos?

thanks

Options
2021-08-25 12:01:04

@Blckegl 

Hi, please have a look at this link:

[New Firmware] Deco M5 1.6.0

Options
2021-10-05 10:25:28

@TP-Link hi there could you send the link for beta firmware for M5 too please?

Options
2021-11-08 20:57:24

@TP-Link  hi could I try the firmware please. I have 6 decos. 

Thanks 

Rich

Options
2021-11-21 17:26:48
I want to try the beta version for Deco S4. Please send me information.
Options
2021-11-22 03:23:24

@Maverick997u 

Hi, It is suggested to have a look at this link:

[Deco] Manual Signal Source Selection

Did you have any specific issue on the S4 when the satellite unit kept connected to the main Deco, instead of the nearest satellite unit, like the slow speed or unstable connection?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-12-29 21:50:22

Hi @TP-Link ,

I have deco m5 devices, can you please send beta firmware link to set best deco to connect between decos?

thanks

Options
2022-02-18 18:17:45

@TP-Link 

could I kindly request access to this beta firmware? I am having the same problem. Thanks.

Options
Related Articles