Kasa Care Subscription Cancellation Rip Off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Care Subscription Cancellation Rip Off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Kasa Care Subscription Cancellation Rip Off
2021-03-22 02:58:20 - last edited 2021-03-22 02:59:08

@eduytito Hi there, 

We appreciated your suggestion, just to clarify that Kasa cameras do not support RTSP and this feature has Not been advertised before.  So far it supports being watched via Kasa app or some authorized 3rd party devices, like Amazon Echo Show.

If you are interested ,you may consider our Tapo cameras which supports RTSP , it is pretty different from Kasa camera and tapo uses a SD card (rather than limited free cloud storage) to store the videos: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2680/

Options
2021-03-22 07:02:56

@Solla-topee 

If the camera transmits online, it also has a way of making that streaming local. Do not tell me that it does not support it, because they do not modify the firmware. It is what we all ask of you, you can raise the claim to the engineers who modify and edit it to have the option of watching the video locally from the RTSP protocol, as well as giving you the option of watching the video from a pc.
Options
2021-08-06 21:40:02

I'm on the same boat...

Very disappointed the free plan doesn't support at least 24h of recordings. 

After that it is useless since only allows live view. 

And @Solla-topee no one was saying that it was announced that it supports RTSP, we are just asking for it to be supported, or the ability to forward the live feed to somewhere else, since this product becomes useless if we don't subscribe any paid plan.

I'm sure that holding the recordings for 1 or 2 days (as announced in the packages already sold) would not be a very expensive business for TP-LINK (you've been doing this for 30 day for a very long time where kasa care didn't launched yet) and you would be satisfying your old customers.

Raise this in the management board, please.

Options
Re:Kasa Care Subscription Cancellation Rip Off-Solution
2021-08-10 05:43:39 - last edited 2021-08-13 10:46:51

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for your feedback on TP-Link Kasa Care and subscription, we would like to share more information about Kasa care free plan that  may help some customers: 

1. Kasa camera advertised with free cloud storage enjoys free cloud storage for 1 or 2 years duration, it is confirmed that users still own 1 or 2 years free storage and that has not been canceled.
It should be also noted that Kasa Care free cloud storage will vary depending on the model of your Kasa Cam and not all the models comes with cloud storage. Please check Kasa Care plans for different models from the FAQ below: 
What is Kasa Care?  

In certain country or area ,when Kasa care is officially released, users may get an email that free trial of 30-day premium service comes to an end, but camera still enjoys free cloud storage as introduced in the above FAQ. 

2. Free cloud storage has 1 or 2 year duration, and time starts from the day when camera is activated and bound to a TP-Link Cloud. At the end of the free plan, users will need to subscribe to one of the paid plans to continue using cloud storage.  Without a paid plan,  users could view the live stream and receive the activity notifications, but video clips in Activity section on Kasa app will not available as the recordings relies on the cloud service.

You could check Kasa Care website for more details: 
Check Kasa Care Plan Introduction 

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-10 09:42:14

@Radar1968 

my words

Options
2021-08-10 10:03:23

@Solla-topee 

This is not the point.

As mentioned: I, as a customer, rely on what a packaging tells me.

You would expect the same.

Imagine you go to a store, buy a smart tv (smart-functionality stickers all over the tv), carry it home, enjoy all these smart functions, and after two years only see a popup telling you that from now on you‘d have to pay in order to enjoy ongoing smart functions.

Would you accept this? For sure not.

Would you have bought this manufacturer would you have know before? For sure not.

Would one of your CEO‘s accept this behaviour? For sure not.

As pointed out: the message on the packaging is clear. It‘s just not worth contacting a lawyer, and this is your weapon.

So just step down from being the employee here, and start seeing the customers side.

Options
2021-08-12 09:57:59 - last edited 2021-08-12 09:58:39

Solla-topee wrote

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for your feedback on TP-Link Kasa Care and subscription, we would like to share more information about Kasa care free plan that  may help some customers: 

1. Kasa camera advertised with free cloud storage enjoys free cloud storage for 1 or 2 years duration, it is confirmed that users still own 1 or 2 years free storage and that has not been canceled.
It should be also noted that Kasa Care free cloud storage will vary depending on the model of your Kasa Cam and not all the models comes with cloud storage. Please check Kasa Care plans for different models from the FAQ below: 
What is Kasa Care?  

2. Free cloud storage has 1 or 2 year duration, and time starts from the day when camera is activated and bound to a TP-Link Cloud. At the end of the free plan, users will need to subscribe to one of the paid plans to continue using cloud storage, you could check Kasa Care website for more details: 
Check Kasa Care Plan Introduction 

@Solla-topee 

I've noticed that you updated your reply.

You are mentioning that the free cloud storage will still be valid for 1 or 2 years counting from the activation of the camera.This applies for the premium plan, that includes max of 30 days of recordings, right?

I wasn't expecting less than that.

And what about what happens when that period of 1 or 2 years ends?

My package of the KC120 states very clear "Free Cloud Storage - Record up to two days of video activity per camera at no cost and save favorite moments to your phone. Upgrade options available." (mine underlining). And there is no foot note about special conditions or something of the sort, so no excuses...

By this I'm expecting TP-Link to keep providing free cloud storage for up to two days for my camera at no cost after that "trial" period, and if I want more I'll need to upgrade my plan to a paid one.

If TP-Link can't keep what is announcing in the packages, I think this is a fraud... And I beet if I go shopping today I'll find Kasa cameras with package stating the same about that free two days of cloud storage.

So TP-Link please review your position about the free plan for Kasa care and keep what you anounce.

Options
2021-08-12 11:17:43 - last edited 2021-08-12 11:21:36

@Solla-topee 

you are repeating yourself.

As a customer, sorry to say, I give a s**t to what some employee tells me AFTER buying a product.

Print your statement above on the box in the store, and we wouldn‘t have a discussion today.

Quite easy

@Nuno00 

there is no need to quote someones reply in full length, as the reply is visible to anyone anyways.

Options
Related Articles