TalkTalk Youview Box interfering with Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-15 13:19:10
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.2.4

I am trying to use an old TalkTalk / Youview (Huawei) box. The strangest thing happens though. As soon as I plug it in to the mains (before I even connect the ethernet cable) the Powerline light on my Extender goes from Green to Red and then off.

I can't figure out why this is happening and how it's interfering. I have tried hard resetting the Youview box and also repairing the TP Link Extenders. As soon as I turn off the plug to the Youview box the Powerline light is restored.

How can this be interfering and how do I fix it?

I have the A3DO extender to the CA8F that is plugged into the router.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TalkTalk Youview Box interfering with Powerline
2020-07-10 02:18:36 - last edited 2020-07-10 02:33:00

@DBurn 

Hello,

May I know your network topology?

Did you mean before you plug the main one to the TalkTalk Youview Box, the powerline light of the other one of TPLINK will turn to red then off?

If you unplug the Youview box, the powerline light will come back? At this time, if you plug it again, did the powerline product will go off again?

How many powerline products did you have? How did you pair them if the powerline light will turn red before the main one connected to the TalkTalk?

Here is an instruction you can refer to pair them:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1089/

When did you purchase it and when did this issue happen?

Please try to change the different power socket to plug them. 

By the way, what is the model number and hardware version of the powerline product, you can check it at the bottom label of teh product.

Have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 545

Replies: 1