TP-Link Archer TX3000E Intermittent Wi-Fi Failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-20 13:03:59
Model: Archer TX3000E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz 21.90.1.2

I have been using the TP-Link Archer TX3000E for about a week, and have had regular issues with the Wi-Fi portion of the device. The Bluetooth has been working without issue. This device was installed on a newly assembled PC (AMD Ryzen 7 3600X, 32GB DDR4 Ram). After initial difficulty with apparent driver conflicts and several BSODs, I was able to get the device functioning.

This device regularly becomes disabled, with no connection and no ability to regain connection without troubleshooting the device or restarting the computer. Sometimes the a restart alone is insufficient to repair the connection. I have observed two errors regularly for this device in Device Manager, including Code 10 (This device cannot start) and Code 43 (Windows has stopped this device because it reported problems).

How often does it happen? On average, every 30-60 minutes. More frequently after the PC wakes from sleep.

How do you make it back to work? Windows troubleshooter on the Wi-Fi network adapter has demonstrated some success in resetting the adapter. Although after a few tries without a restart, this method fails. Another method that has had some success has been to find the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160 MHz device in the Device Manager and disable and then re-enable it. This method has also shown only limited succes. Since the issue seems to be pronounced with Sleep, I have also unchecked the box in the device properties under power management, "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." This seemed to help but the problems have continued to appear.

What about the wireless signal strength? Very strong

How far away does it from the main router? ~10 ft

What about other wireless devices? No issues connecting to Wi-Fi from other devices that are much further from the router, including two TVs, laptops, and mobile phones.

Do they have the same issue? No.

I am also gettting lower speeds on this device when it is working than I get over the same Wi-Fi connection on my Galaxy Note 10+. See images below.

Options
7 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer TX3000E Intermittent Wi-Fi Failure
2020-06-22 11:05:26

@lambda-lambda 

Hello, thanks for the detailed issue description.

May I know the operating system of your Windows computer, is it running Windows 10? How about the driver for this adapter, did you install it manually?

What is the model number of your wireless router? Can you please check the wireless negotiation speed on the computer when connected to your router's 5GHz signal?

Is there any anti-virus software running on the computer? Can you please try to uninstall it and see if that makes a difference?

We hope you could try to install this adapter on another computer and test the performance if that is possible, thanks.

Options
2020-06-23 01:21:55

@Solla-topee 

Hello, thanks for your reply.

May I know the operating system of your Windows computer, is it running Windows 10?

I am running Windows 10 Pro build 19041.329.

How about the driver for this adapter, did you install it manually?

I originally installed the driver packages from the TP-Link website as directed by the user guide. However I kept getting BSOD shortly after startup so I was forced to remove all the network card drivers by deleting the devices in Device Manager. This fixed the BSOD issue. I then used "Scan for hardware changes," which identified the device and reinstalled the drivers..I have not experienced BSOD since then.

What is the model number of your wireless router?

MODEL NO. Archer TX3000E(UN)

Can you please check the wireless negotiation speed on the computer when connected to your router's 5GHz signal?

After making my first post, I experienced another Code 10 error on the device. So I used the Device Manager to search for driver updates (let Windows find updates automatically). A new update was installed and I have been experiencing much improved speeds since then (comparable or better than what I get on my Note 10+). I have however, continued to observe device failures following waking from sleep. Sometimes it is disabled when I wake the PC, other times it is enabled and working fine for 10+ minutes before failing. When it fails, if I try to disable/enable the device, I receive a Code 10 error.

Is there any anti-virus software running on the computer? Can you please try to uninstall it and see if that makes a difference?

I only have Windows Defender running, no third-party anti-virus software is enabled.

We hope you could try to install this adapter on another computer and test the performance if that is possible, thanks.

Unfortunately I do not have another desktop PC to perform this test on.

Options
2020-06-27 10:27:14

@lambda-lambda 

Hi 

With recent experience of this adaptor and own board adaptor Asus Strix Z390E, I would suggest you use the 2.4 ghz output as main with 5 Ghz as subsidiary connection.

Do not amalgamate  both frequencies into one default as per option on AX50 router.

Its useful to have a cable extension on the adaptor aerial to clear any potential "line of sight" issue from the adaptor and router 

The latest Intel driver 21.90.3.2 from May 20 works consistently on my Intel system, but the bluetooth driver does not .(  do not use TP Link own out of date drivers )

The latter is 90% likely to be a Microsoft error on Win 10  update prior to .331 update recently , which only allows one bluetooth item to connect at a time !

What error  shows in Device Manager under Network ?

Regards 

RP

Options
2020-11-20 15:23:17
i have the same problem. Doesn't work and Win10 cannot detect it. I've installed the drivers and connected it to the USB1112 since Strix 370E doesn't have the F_USB. Funny thing is that the Intel Bluetooth that comes with the TX3000E is detected and working.
Options
2020-11-24 06:20:03

@woss 

Hello, if this TX3000E cannot be detected by your Win10, please refer to this article first to do some basic troubleshooting and get back to us with the required info, then we will try to figure it out:

https://community.tp-link.com/home/forum/topic/215446

While if still nothing happened, could you please help me check the system information of your computer?
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-24 11:18:56

@Kevin_Z 

thank you for the message. 

First link you sent deosn't work (404) 

second link works and all would be fine if i would be able the see the router in the list . The screenshot shows the list of the devices, NO TpLink at all although i installed the drivers.

Options
2020-11-24 12:01:49

@woss 

Hello, sorry for the bad url, please check this one:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/215446

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4376

Replies: 7