Power off LEDs at night

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Power off LEDs at night

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Power off LEDs at night
Power off LEDs at night
2020-06-21 10:45:57 - last edited 2020-06-21 10:50:38
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

Hi,

I think this is not supported right now and therefore this should be considered as a feature request.

It would be great to have a option or setting to power off LEDs at night. It is disturbing to have LEDs on at night.

Any plans on this to enable a Night Mode?

Best regards,

Thomas

Options
11 Reply
Re:Power off LEDs at night
2020-06-22 02:09:29

@pulla 

Hello, may I know which LEDs do you need to power off? the LED on the HS110 itself? Generally, when you turn off the HS100 on the Kasa app, the LED is off.

Or do you mean you need Night Mode to switch off the HS100 at a scheduled time? If so, you may add some schedule rules to turn it on and off.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Options
2020-06-22 05:59:36
Hi! I was talking about both LEDs. The WiFi and the on/off indicator. For sure it is good to have them. Especially when you do the setup to see if it is working. But later one when I configured everything both LEDs are not important any more for me. Because of that I was thinking of disable both LEDs and not show the status (WiFi connected, powered on/off). For instance at night they can disturb (e.g. bed room). So I was thinking of having an option to disable them (e.g. at night, for ever, etc.) Do you see my point? best regards, Thomas
Options
2021-01-17 03:55:38

@pulla Great idea. My fan is plugged into the plug which I want on at night, but the plug is right next to my bed, I wish I had an option to turn off just the LED. 

I suppose black tape over it would work.

Options
2021-01-20 05:44:33

@TimothyB 

Thanks for your feedback.

We would report to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

And if anyone had the same request, please feel free to post it here.

Thanks  a lot.

Options
2021-01-23 22:12:47

@pulla and @Timothy if you have one iPhone you can download the app "Watt for Smart Devices" and there you gonna have the night mode to turn off the led the Kasa devices  wink

"Watt for Smart Devices" made with ♡ for the TP-link IoT community https://watt-app.com/ (just for iOS/iPad and MacOS)
Options
2021-01-24 08:16:51

Hi @Watt_iOS_App!

I installed your App and I found the Night Mode option which is pretty great! When I enable it will be the LEDs permanent turned off I just for a given time frame (e.g. "night")? However, that is the thing I wanted to have. Even when the LEDs are disabled the entire day (0-24) it is fine for me.

Any plans for Android support?

best regards!

Options
2021-01-24 18:30:41

@pulla I am glad that you did like the app!

When you enable is permanent, I already thought about developing smart actions so you can set time but this is not yet implemented.

Regarding the Android app, there is no plan for that since I don't have any knowledge of android.
Here you can see the roadmap https://watt-app.com/#app-brief2

"Watt for Smart Devices" made with ♡ for the TP-link IoT community https://watt-app.com/ (just for iOS/iPad and MacOS)
Options
2021-01-31 07:09:37

@TP-Link 

Copied from another user but I used the app and it's exactly what is needed. I have the HS103P4 plugs. 

If you have an iPhone or iPad...you can download the app "Watt for Smart Devices" Use night mode to turn off the blue LED light on the Kasa plugs. 

"Watt for Smart Devices" made with ♡ for the TP-link IoT community https://watt-app.com/ (just for iOS and iPad)

Options
2021-02-06 22:47:57

@TP-Link & @Watt_iOS_App

See tp-link, other people are doing the hard work for you. I hope they are getting paid for the hard work. Sorry, I'm using andriod though, so it won't work for me. But if your app can do it then so can the Kasa app, if they would take the time to make it happen. I also have a plug in my room used for a fan at night. My wife hates the light. (it's on her side of the bed) Maybe they could even add a dimmer funtion to it so it's only very dim at night and brighter the rest of the day. Without it being considered a 'smart funtion'. I'd hate to use one of the limited smart funtions for this.

Options
2021-04-19 04:22:26

@pulla 

I know the initial post is already old, but I was shocked that this feature still hasn't been implemented. I have a HS100 and would like to turn the WiFi led off. All smart home devices should have an iron to turn off LEDs!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3186

Replies: 11