Deco M4 needs rebooting multiple times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-07 13:53:25
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20190620 rel 45372

Hi

I have had a pair of Deco M4 routers for a couple of months and for most of the time they have been great, much better than the supplied hub from my ISP at covering the room I work from home in but over the last few days the internet keeps dropping out. It doesn't appear to be the isp's router that is the issue as if I plug the cable from it into my laptop I can connect to the internet fine. I am always able to connect to the M4's network and rebooting the Master Deco always works to get me back online but this is a pain especially when it happens in the middle of a conference call.

I have tried factory resetting the M4's a couple of times.

Any advice would be appreciated as I don't want to have to return them but I can't cope with an unstable network.

Rich 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M4 needs rebooting multiple times a day
2020-07-09 10:42:40

@SVRich 

Hello, we need to do some troubleshooting first to locate the issue so that we can try to fix it later. 

1. What is the current network diagram?

2. What is the led status of the Deco M4s when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?

3. At that time, with a computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access the internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

5. Besides, you can try to relocate them and swap the locations of Deco units.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-07-10 13:46:11

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi

1) ISP Router in Modem Mode wired to main Deco and a Deco connected wirelessly. There is a switch wired to the main deco linking my PS4/XB1 and Network Drive to the network.

2) The LEDs generally go red although we have had them stay white for a few minutes after connected devices lose the internet. Rebooting via the app or unplugging generally fixes it.

3) I have been directly connected to the main deco on my phone when the internet is down and the apps says there is no internet. None of the devices via the switch have an internet connection but it tried plugging my laptop straight into mu isp router and it is fine.

4)I haven't yet tried swapping my Deco units.

Options
2020-07-13 02:21:16

@SVRich 

Hello, thanks for the update.

Do you mean the LEDs on the two Deco M4R will be solid red? If this is the case, please help check more details again and we may ask our engineer to investigate further:

1. When the LEDs on the two M4R are solid red, please launch the Deco app and check what is the IPv4 address, click on More-Advanced-IPv4, send me the screenshot.

2. Who is your ISP and what is the model number of your modem?

3. Send me the IP address info on your computer when it is connected to the modem directly.

4. What is the model number of your switch? Leave it disconnected from the network if possible, just have a test if there is anything to do with it.

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-24 12:39:20
It has actually been stable again for the last week or so, but if it starts again I will give you that information. Thanks
Options
2020-08-05 10:41:57

@SVRich 

Thanks for the update.

We have recently released a new firmware for the Deco M4, you may update it and monitor.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2398

Replies: 5