I recently got the Tapo C100 camera for my birthday. I was very surpised with the ease of setting it up and getting everything to work. About 6 hours later the camera disconnected from the Wi-Fi and I had to powercycle it.
Same story 6-12 hours later and it has been going on like this for the past week.
Camera is on the latest firmware available from the app.
I have tried the following:
- Change Wi-fi settings to use a different channel (tried 6 different channels)
- tried the app on my phone and tablet
- Changed wifi AP (from my main router to a TP-link AP)
- set a static ip in my router
- used the "automatic reboot at 3am for stability" (but it just never comes up after that)
- Change some quality settings on the camera
- Turned on/off the motion detection, notification, ... functionalities
- Turn on the log/trace to SD card
- blocked the camera from accessing the internet (only local mode)
I am using motioneye to check the rtsp stream - with this I get an exact "disconnect moment". There doesn't seem to be an exact duration after which it disconnects, but it is always within 24 hours. The only thing I can do is powercyle the camera.
I did find the following as the last 4 lines in the trace log on the SD card. Not sure if this is the reason or not...
1,197,19829556000,-;CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 11002e51, epc == 803fde58, ra == 803fde58
1,198,19829577000,-;CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000000, epc == 00000000, ra == 00000000
1,199,19829598000,-;CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 11002e51, epc == 803fde58, ra == 803fde58
1,200,19829621000,-;CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000000, epc == 00000000, ra == 00000000
I'm thinking of returning the camera, but for the price it has a lot of functionalities that I would like to keep... Is the camera just broken or is something wrong with the firmware/setup...
I do have another tplink camera (nc 210) running and I have no problems with that one. Stable connection 24/7. All other devices from my homelab also show no connection problems as I have them monitored 24/7
My router is the asus RT-AC68U.
I got the camera start of August for my birthday (was bought a bit before)
Thanks for checking this..