extending an existing powerlin solution

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-15 18:05:29
Model: TL-PA7020 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello all

i have a home solution comprised of

3 windows 10 pcs

2 windows 7 pc

3 Freenas servers

to my router i have connected a win 10 pc, my tv and then i connected 1 of the tl pa7017 powerline. All the other pcs are connected to their own powerline.

when all are connecteds to in the howse all work fine and the pcs can see and connect to each other.

The problem  i have is that when i move a windows 7 pc to an attached garage the pc will connect to the internet but will not connect to other computers or servers. If i bring this pc with its powerline in the hose all works fine again wint no tweaking

for your information I live in an old shouse in Italy, were i rebuilt the circuit breaker box. From an original 2 curcuit breakers now i have 15. plus i added from this box an extention to the loft and one to the garage and outside

the distace (in wire lenght) betrween the main breaker box and the breaker box in the garage is abou18 meters 

Can someone please guide me to a solution

thank you for your help and time

Options
3 Reply
Re:extending an existing powerlin solution
2020-09-23 05:47:27

@unclebil 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your detailed information;

When you move the windows 7 PC with its power-line to the garage, the middle power-line light would still lit up and there is still internet access on this computer, right?

Have you tried to ping the IP address of other computers and servers to see what happened?

How to Use the Ping Command: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/425/ 

By the way, have you tried to swap the power-line adapters to see if the issue still existed?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-09-23 06:56:31

@Solla-topee 

hello 

thank you for your reply

all lights are on and green

the pc does connect to the internet with no issues (any site).however it does not connct to servers.but when i bring the pc and the pa in the house all works fine 

I did swap the pa to no avail

once again thank you

Options
2021-06-07 17:10:54

@unclebil Hello all

Following trials and tribulations with my powerlines I managed to get them all to work albeit at around 320mps. I undertand that this can be caused by interferance opn the line.

I relocated the powerlines to different sockets in different rooms

I noticve that the powerlines not being used regularly (and have the power and the paired lights on and yellow/green) many times during the day the pairing lights go off and the powe light starts blinking.

If i unplug the powerline from the socket and plug it back in both power and pairred liges becom solid green again

I do not see evidenced and explainned in any documewntation or forum.

Is this notmal and if not Why is this happening?

this should never happen

Thnak you for responding

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 474

Replies: 3