Tapo C200 Camera Stops Live feed to ask if I want to keep viewing!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-20 04:18:07 - last edited 2020-09-22 02:09:59
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.25

Hello, 

I'm using the Tapo C200 Camera to monitor my baby while she is sleeping. I'm using the app to view but every 5-10 mins of view time the feed stops and app asks the question below:

"you have viewed the live video for 10 minutes without any operation, continue viewing?" 

This is so frustrating because the whole idea of having this camera is watching my baby from my room at night while we sleep and hear her cry when she gets up. This way it is useless as it needs our action to keep showing the live feed. 

Please help me how to solve this, I don't want to invest in another device 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Tapo C200 Camera Stops Live feed to ask if I want to keep viewing! -Solution
2020-09-22 02:09:52 - last edited 2020-09-22 06:33:57

@Melihcarter 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Have you updated the smartphone, like the iPhone to be IOS 14 recently?

Did you use the Tapo APP for live view all the time, not via google assistant, or Amazon Echo, etc., right?

Did the smartphone or tablet always connect to the same wireless network?

If the phone is connected to a different Wi-Fi network when you watch the live stream of the Tapo camera, which means you are remotely viewing the camera, you can watch the live stream for as long as 10 minutes, then you will be prompted to continue. Click Continue to continue watching.

For more details: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2720/

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-07-01 09:11:33 - last edited 2022-03-31 08:32:39

Hello everyone, 

If you could not stream Tapo camera continuously, please read this FAQ that helps explain the situation:

Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?

To stream Tapo camera in Tapo APP continuously,  make sure your mobile devices are connected to home Wi-Fi /under local network. 

When the phone is watching live view remotely,  ' Tap to continue' warning may pop up  around  2~5 mins.

If your device is under local Wi-Fi but still prompts Tap to continue to message, try to troubleshoot as steps here: 

STEP1: Make sure you have turned off Mobile data on phone, and phones are connected to Home Wi-Fi 

NOTE that if one of the phone is using mobile data or non-local Wi-Fi at that time, that may trigger the warning

STEP2: Turn off AP isolation and lower or turn off firewall on host router 

STEP3: For IOS 14 devices, allow 'Local Network' permission for Tapo app on IOS devices. 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/293

STEP4: Ensure Tapo APP and camera firmware is up-to-date. 

If your mobile device is connected to local Wi-Fi but still has warning, please Start a New thread  with information here , we could look into it further: 

1> Troubleshooting steps you've tried and the results

2> Model of router  & network topology, e.g.: Archer C7 router  <wireless>Tapo C200 

3>  Tapo APP version, model and Mac address of your camera (please share MAC address to us via private message), model of your phone and its Android or IOS version

Pic : enable Local Network for Tapo APP on iPhone

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
2020-09-22 02:09:52 - last edited 2020-09-22 06:33:57

@Melihcarter 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Have you updated the smartphone, like the iPhone to be IOS 14 recently?

Did you use the Tapo APP for live view all the time, not via google assistant, or Amazon Echo, etc., right?

Did the smartphone or tablet always connect to the same wireless network?

If the phone is connected to a different Wi-Fi network when you watch the live stream of the Tapo camera, which means you are remotely viewing the camera, you can watch the live stream for as long as 10 minutes, then you will be prompted to continue. Click Continue to continue watching.

For more details: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2720/

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo C200 Camera Stops Live feed to ask if I want to keep viewing!
2021-03-31 11:28:51

@Brook 

This is indeed very frustrating for a security camera.  We should have the option to view the camera for as long as we want.

Options
2021-06-21 19:42:56

@DukePaul it's infuriating, I use it as a baby monitor too, all connected to the same WiFi, my phone does not suffer this problem, but my tablets do, every 5 minutes.

There should be an option to disable that 'datasaving feature' or however it's justified. 

@Tp-link don't blame the devices or WiFi they are all working fine and up to date. just add the option in the software.

Options
2021-06-26 20:35:17

@Brook this seems to be a specific issue for ipads. I do not have this issue on the phone and all devices are on the the same network. Its very frustrating as we too use the camera&ipad as a baby monitor. This should be fixed ASAP. 

Options
2021-07-01 09:11:33 - last edited 2022-03-31 08:32:39

Hello everyone, 

If you could not stream Tapo camera continuously, please read this FAQ that helps explain the situation:

Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?

To stream Tapo camera in Tapo APP continuously,  make sure your mobile devices are connected to home Wi-Fi /under local network. 

When the phone is watching live view remotely,  ' Tap to continue' warning may pop up  around  2~5 mins.

If your device is under local Wi-Fi but still prompts Tap to continue to message, try to troubleshoot as steps here: 

STEP1: Make sure you have turned off Mobile data on phone, and phones are connected to Home Wi-Fi 

NOTE that if one of the phone is using mobile data or non-local Wi-Fi at that time, that may trigger the warning

STEP2: Turn off AP isolation and lower or turn off firewall on host router 

STEP3: For IOS 14 devices, allow 'Local Network' permission for Tapo app on IOS devices. 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/293

STEP4: Ensure Tapo APP and camera firmware is up-to-date. 

If your mobile device is connected to local Wi-Fi but still has warning, please Start a New thread  with information here , we could look into it further: 

1> Troubleshooting steps you've tried and the results

2> Model of router  & network topology, e.g.: Archer C7 router  <wireless>Tapo C200 

3>  Tapo APP version, model and Mac address of your camera (please share MAC address to us via private message), model of your phone and its Android or IOS version

Pic : enable Local Network for Tapo APP on iPhone

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-10-06 20:26:33

@Brook hello I have the same problem and did everything I could. Followed everything. Is this problem still not fixed? I feel so disappointed. I bought this yesterday was even so excited but suddenly after a day of streaming it continously it suddenly did the 5 minute prompt and hasn't stopped since... :(

Options
2021-10-25 12:58:32

This is a critical limitation of Tapo.

If you want continous live feed, stay away from Tapo. I have a Skone cam and that doesn't have a limitation on live feed even through cloud.

I thought Tapo is better given its higher price but I was wrong.

Options
2021-11-24 09:54:34

Just bought 2 unit.. I only can view my kids at home about 2 min, then keep asking to continue for watching.. Seriously ridiculous.. I got xiaomi cctv much user friendly, and I thought if change to tplink it's much be better.. Unfortunately ermmm... Waste money

Options
2021-11-25 01:29:55 - last edited 2021-11-25 01:30:38

Hey @cipankukus  I updated some explanation and suggestions on #6, please check if that helps if you stream live feed under home Wi-Fi/ Local wifi network. Thank you

Options
2021-12-14 17:10:27

@cipankukus have the same issue its very anoyi

Options

Information

Helpful: 23

Views: 14335

Replies: 11