iPhone iOS14 recognizing the range extender wireless network as "weak security"

iPhone iOS14 recognizing the range extender wireless network as "weak security"

116 Reply
Re:iPhone iOS14 recognizing the range extender wireless network as "weak security"
2020-11-24 16:04:05 - last edited 2020-11-24 16:04:46

If someone have the same problem with RE200 v4:

0) Make sure that your router uses WPA/WPA2 with AES (not auto mode)
1) Upgrade firmware to the latest one on your extender

2) Disconnect from your router network the extender and disable the connection

3) Search for the wi-fi again and then reconnect to your network

4) Reconnect your iPhone to the network

It helped in my case :)

Options
Re:iPhone iOS14 recognizing the range extender wireless network as "weak security"
2020-11-26 06:56:46

@Solla-topee I have a RE650 and have the same problem, ios 14 recognizes the range extender as weak security. PLEASE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM, IT TAKES LONG TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM !!! THIS IS THE WORST SUPPORT I HAVE EVER KNOWN FROM A COMPANY! I bought this a month ago to expand my Wi-Fi, and I already regret spending 80 € for something I can't use in terms of security, this is totally unacceptable.

Options
2020-11-29 09:49:00 - last edited 2020-11-29 11:43:07

@Solla-topee 

I have a TL-WA860RE v6 with the latest firmware (TL-WA860RE(EU)_V6_201102) connected wirelessly to a Deco M4. The Deco is set to WPA2-PSK (AES) only.

If my iPad with iOS14.2 is connected to the Deco, no warning. If I connect to the 860, a warning is shown stating it's using TKIP.

EDIT:

Looks like I solved it by setting it back to factory defaults and configuring it again using the URL http://tplinkrepeater.net instead of using the Tether application.

Options
2020-12-01 11:48:55

saisrujan wrote

saisrujan wrote

Solla-topee wrote

As for the RE450 v3, the official firmware is on the way but I am sincerely sorry that there is no ETA either.

But I promised the community would be the first to update the estimated time of arrival.

@Solla-topee You said that a firmware update is "on the way". It has been a week and there's no news about the firmware. "On the way" isn't meaningful anymore and we now need a clear commitment. We are unable to use the extender your company sold to us because it is faulty. Either give us a clear ETA for the fix immediately or facilitate a full refund for the money we paid for your faulty device. 

@Solla-topee and @TP-Link Another week has passed and the firmware for RE450 v3 is still "on the way". Your team stopped responding to us and it feels awful. We can't use the product unless you allow us to block TKIP on the extended network. Provide a fix ASAP. 

@Solla-topee and @TP-Link We are celebrating 3 weeks of no action from you on a firmware that you said is on the way. Also, it was originally on Oct 14 that you mentioned in the other thread that a firmware for RE450 v3 will be released and it has been close to 7 weeks and still there's no firmware update. You and your company just don't care, do you?

Options
2020-12-03 23:25:19

@Solla-topee I have RE200 V4, changed my main Internet provider router to work only with WPA2 + AES. Confirmed my RE200 V4 has latest firmware, Reset my RE200 V4 to factory settings and reconfigured as an extender as per your directions.

iOS14 devices still shows the extended Wifi network as weak security. But my main Internet provider router does not show weak security when I connect directly to its WiFi

Is there going to be a firmaware fix for this? If so can I get access to the beta firmware for RE200 V4 to fix this?

Terry

Options
2020-12-07 03:01:26
I solved this issue by running Ethernet to the RE650 and switching to AP mode. This way you can configure the desired security (WPA2+AES only) for each band. There was also a recent firmware update (11/2020) that may address this issue but I'm much happier in AP mode regardless.
Options
2020-12-07 06:58:09

@Tailspin where can i find this firmware update(11/2020)? The latest update i can find for the RE650 is from 30/05/2019 version RE650(EU)_V1_190521.

Options
2020-12-08 05:53:41

saisrujan wrote

saisrujan wrote

saisrujan wrote

Solla-topee wrote

As for the RE450 v3, the official firmware is on the way but I am sincerely sorry that there is no ETA either.

But I promised the community would be the first to update the estimated time of arrival.

@Solla-topee You said that a firmware update is "on the way". It has been a week and there's no news about the firmware. "On the way" isn't meaningful anymore and we now need a clear commitment. We are unable to use the extender your company sold to us because it is faulty. Either give us a clear ETA for the fix immediately or facilitate a full refund for the money we paid for your faulty device. 

@Solla-topee and @TP-Link Another week has passed and the firmware for RE450 v3 is still "on the way". Your team stopped responding to us and it feels awful. We can't use the product unless you allow us to block TKIP on the extended network. Provide a fix ASAP. 

@Solla-topee and @TP-Link We are celebrating 3 weeks of no action from you on a firmware that you said is on the way. Also, it was originally on Oct 14 that you mentioned in the other thread that a firmware for RE450 v3 will be released and it has been close to 7 weeks and still there's no firmware update. You and your company just don't care, do you?

@Solla-topee and @TP-Link CONGRATULATIONS! it has been one whole month since you stated that a firmware upgrade is on the way. I regret trusting you on this, because I didn't realize you don't deserve any trust. It has already been absolutely clear that you didn't care for your customer's wifi security. Customers spend their hard-earned money trusting you to deliver a fast, stable and secure wi-fi and in turn, all they get an insecure network and an abysmally pathetic customer service, backed by a company that lacks eithics and empathy.  

Options
2020-12-09 13:27:39
I also 100% support this need! we need a firmware fix, and we need to know the release date is NEAR and definite. You're going to lose customers over this.
Options
2020-12-09 13:28:26

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

We are still waiting for the new firmware (RE450 V3).

This security breach is not acceptable and is taking too long to be fixed.

When will the new firmware be released ??

Thank you

Options