RE450 no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-09 14:59:53
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have the following configuration problem for TP -Link RE450:

I have an acces point in the form of TP-LInk WA830RE, which is connected with a cable to the main router. Works flawlessly.

I am installing RE450 in the neighboring room with the range of this access point and I am trying to configure it via the mobile application Tether. I am reaching the point where I connect to an extended network (eg TP Link Extender 2.4ext) on the 2.4ghz channel (no 5ghz channel). At this point, I get a message that the network has limitations and no internet access.

The application informs that within 2 minutes the led light in the center of the circle should appear on RE450. It never shows up and the extender is basically unusable due to the lack of internet.

Any chance to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE450 no internet connection
2020-11-10 02:27:27

@Proba1 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Have you set up the access control or mac filtering on the home router or 830RE?

If possible, are you able to temporarily set up the RE450 with the home router to have a look?

And can I also have a picture of the error message?

By the way, what are the hardware and firmware version about the RE450?

Thank a lot for your time and patience.

Options
Re:RE450 no internet connection
2020-11-10 17:49:15

@Solla-topee 

1) Have you set up the access control or mac filtering on the home router or 830RE?

no.

2) If possible, are you able to temporarily set up the RE450 with the home router to have a look?

I can try.

3) And can I also have a picture of the error message?

There isn't any specyfic error message. I just cant go further after this screen. there is also a message after connecting to one of these tplink extender networks that the network is not connected to the internet

4) By the way, what are the hardware and firmware version about the RE450?

it writes on the box ver 3.0, Firmware v3

Thx for help.

Options